Good car but expect problems
By linnylovescars on
2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan
I am 21 years old and my Buick Century is the first car that I've ever owned. I inherited from my dad, and it's been on the road for over a year now. We bought it in 2002, when it was retiring from being a rental car with 14,000 miles. It's been in the family since then and so have 2 other Buick Century's. In recent years, the Buick had been sitting in the yard for over 3 years. That was not good!. When first having the car in my possession, all the sparkplugs stopped working when I was in the middle of the city. Everytime I drive the engine does not want to speed enough, or does not speed up at It's a good car, although I wish it had a more modern look.
Favorite Features
The only feature that I do like that some modern new cars don't have is the driver and passenger separate heat or a/c control. So you can have air conditioning on the drivers side and heat on the passengers side. Other than that, it's a pretty basic car.
Suggested Improvements
This is a hard car to parallel park in my opinion because of how the body kind of bubbles out underneath the window. You can't see where your tire is very well, or anything at all. You just have to wing it. Also, I wish this car had a more sporty look. The new Buick's are gorgeous and they could be anybody's car, but this car just screams "senior citizen". I wish this car had more fuel efficiency, it seems to suck gas somedays but not others. But I recently did a 4 hour trip out of state on the highway and I kept it on cruise and I did 300 miles on less then a tank of gas. I was very surprised.