2000 Buick Century Consumer Review: 2000 Buick Century Special Edi

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

2000 Buick Century Special Edition
By jr1m90 on

2000 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I was given the Century by my Grandmother a few months after getting my drivers license, but it is obviously was not my first choice (even compared to a 2000 Taurus). However, I have been relatively pleased with the car. It is a superb cruising car, and is comfortable in the city. The 3100 V6 is powerful enough, but the transmission seems to sap power from the engine when accelerating from a standstill. It responds to spirited cornering with tons of body roll and pathetic squeals from the 15 inch tires. However, it has been a reliable car that doesn't attract any unwanted attention. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I can never fault my Grandfather for buying two of them.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating for 5, superb noise isolation. Large greenhouse with few blind spots. Inconspicuous styling. Smooth suspension for interstate cruising. Concert II sound system sounds OK. 35 mpg on the highway going 65-75 with the cruise on.

Suggested Improvements

Tachometer and more legible gauges, larger wheels and lower profile tires, firmer suspension tuning, more bolstering in the front seats. 3 stalk control system (lights, wipers, cruise). Seat cloth that doesn't look like a 30 year old sofa. However, for it's purpose, this is a well executed car.