Used 2000 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

2000 Buick Century
By thagentleman22

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

PROS:
-A cheap luxury car. Gets you from point A to B.
-Smooth ride, good MPG. Low maintenance car.
-Comfortable, roomy seating. Bang for your $.

CONS:
-Can take a while to get up to faster speeds.
-Battery went out after 1 month. Windows went out also. Both minor problems, though.
-Rims are ugly (Not a problem with the car).

I bought this Buick in August for $5,000 from an elderly man in the desert, Palm Springs, California area. This car has close to 95,000 miles on it. Overall, it has been good to me, and after I get a new battery, I should be a happy owner for another 5 years. Very happy, so far.

-The leather seats are so smooth! -The Century embedded into the seats! -The smooth exterior color and ride!

-The rims are ugly. I'm getting custom rims. I have no problems with this car. Buick is underrated, and this is why American Cars should be taken more seriously, if made, like this one, with the person in mind. A great car. I love it!

never again
By godawgs2013

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 40k on it about two weeks later the gasket blew.Then then about a month and a half later the motor came out own it for three years right before we got rid of the piece of junk was going to need a transmission.plus the front left blinker never worked. That was enough for me will never go there a again at least not with a buick :(

style

everything

I Love My Spacious Century Custom
By Ms.Dorsey

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I got my car a year ago from splish splash, bad dealership (opinion) they sold it with a bad gasket and within the first 3months it had to be repaired. Thank god they admitted their guilt and fixed it. "Meen Green" has been running quite smoothly ever since. I love the fact that it's so spacious. But I enjoy the concert surround sound the best. Every ride is so satisfying in my Buick!

Ride and Concert sound.

GM should use a better adhesive for the door panels, mine also has come undone and every time I open the back door it flaps back. It doesn't bother me much because I don't usually have passengers, but it's a suggestion to benefit those who do.

Multiple problems
By GT

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

The Buick is a very comfortable car that provides a nice drive. However, it is much like driving a land yacht with slow turn response. We had a large number of stupid problems that were expensive to repair -- glove compartment fell off in my hand the second year ($500 to repair, not covered by warranty); three windows have fallen off their tracks so that they cannot be rolled up ($600 each to repair), multiple problems with trunk (keeps falling on our heads despite two repairs); transmission, A/C compressor, etc etc.

Comfortable seats, lots of space, huge trunk, engine is reliable

Better quality workmanship

Great car
By Rich

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

i have had this car for over 6 years got it with 1100 miles on it it now has 153,000 only thing i have changed was the abs battery 2 times which was under warrenty and about 10,000 miles ago my odometer goes out and i have to tap the dash to make come back on this car was build in canada which is diferent from usa so for having 150,000 miles and still running strong is a plus well worth the 8000 that i paid for it!!!

traction control works perfect i lived in cleveland ohio for a long time and i would drive right past people at intersections that were stuck and they all look at me like how the heck is he not gettin stuck lol

need to make the abs battery last longer...