2000 Buick Century Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Power Window Failures!
By sjenn on 06/02/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Have had to replace power window motors three times at an average cost of almost $400 a shot. I could go without the motor except that the windows do not stay up. I have almost 280,000 miles, but this is not a mileage issue. I feel that the other problems with the car have been typical for the mileage, although I had to get a transmission replacement kit at 92,000 miles. Interestingly, the replacement kit has worked twice as long as the original transmission. If not for the window problem, I have had a pretty good exoerience with the car.

Great Car
By TorchOfGod on 04/10/08 01:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

We have owned two Buick Centuries back to back. First, we owned a regular 2000 Century, then after 140,000 or so miles on it, we sold it. Then we purchased my mother in law's 2000 Century Limited with only 30,000 miles on it. I am on a 300 mile trip currently with 31 mpg. The standard Century got better mileage, about 34-36 mpg, with a tornado type vortex added. And I liked it best too, not as many frills.

2000 Buick Century Special Edition
By jr1m90 on 05/03/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I was given the Century by my Grandmother a few months after getting my drivers license, but it is obviously was not my first choice (even compared to a 2000 Taurus). However, I have been relatively pleased with the car. It is a superb cruising car, and is comfortable in the city. The 3100 V6 is powerful enough, but the transmission seems to sap power from the engine when accelerating from a standstill. It responds to spirited cornering with tons of body roll and pathetic squeals from the 15 inch tires. However, it has been a reliable car that doesn't attract any unwanted attention. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I can never fault my Grandfather for buying two of them.

I love the luxury feel and performance!
By wuzo15 on 06/22/06 08:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Buick Limited for 5 years. I bought it used. The only problem I've had was the automatic window on the driver's side stopped working and had to be repaired for about $250.00...otherwise, just the normal wear and tear, tires, brakes, the usual.

Too many problems!
By Century 2000 on 06/09/05 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has a lot of problems. On top of that, the dealership in my area has difficulty fixing them. It seems GM can't repair its own cars! Example: this car has had three alignments and the steering wheel remains crooked -- even when the road is flat. Road crown exaggerates it quite a bit. The transmission was serviced for a TSB regarding hard shifting/shuddering gears. The transmission still has problems with harsh shifts and chugging motions at times, even interstate speeds; somewhat disconcerting. This car has developed a lot of creaks and rattles. The rear door panels are loose and vibrate noticeably. My next car will be more reliable -- like a ten year old Kia Sephia.

A very dependable automobile.
By Mr. A. Tobin on 05/20/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vechile because we had always wanted to own a Buick. We were not disappointed. Excellent fuel economy and comfort at a very resonable price. The only blemish with this car is the fact that the tires(all four) have been replaced four different times due to excessive cracking and abnormal wear. We were not impressed with the General Tire Company.

Best car I ever owned
By Buick Driver on 12/30/04 20:40 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Great Buick ride, reliability and power. Gets great gas mileage, yet has all the power I ever need. Only thing I found about the car that gets less than a rave review is that while it handles ok on ice, I have had better cars on the ice. Otherwise I am very impressed with its quality, reliability, power and gas mileage.

2000 Century
By martin p on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

No problems so far, its a car that wears GM title with honor.

Never buy used again
By jujube on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this vehicle a month ago with a little over 53,000 miles on it. Since then, the HI/LOW beam dimmer switch went bad ($400), and the Intake Manifold Gasket broke (another $300) and the ascending unit (gas gauge) went bad ($250 w/labor). This has overall been a headache. And a lot of it is the fault of the dealerships. NEVER BY FROM INTERSTATE 99 AUTO IN ERIE, PA***They are crooks

Good vehicle
By biloma on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I would buy another without a doubt. Not fancy, but comfortable and 33 to 37 MPG with air on. Great small vehicle