2000 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Love My Century
By riger on 02/01/13 15:56 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have been so impressed with my Century. The ride, power, acceleration are all that I need. I especially like to listen to the engine accelerate and the transmission shift. It is so smooth - and I have driven a lot of cars. If it were a Honda, or Camry this same car with the mileage would have cost me about $5000 more than I paid. Now the bad - the window regulator assembly is a problem. A new one at Auto Zone cost $98 with tax. I have installed two. The transmission did shift crazy until I dropped the pan, changed the filter and added Lucas Trans to the existing oil. It now shifts and runs so good that it gives me joy on every trip that I take. Thanks GM

Good car but expect problems
By linnylovescars on 08/16/12 12:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am 21 years old and my Buick Century is the first car that I've ever owned. I inherited from my dad, and it's been on the road for over a year now. We bought it in 2002, when it was retiring from being a rental car with 14,000 miles. It's been in the family since then and so have 2 other Buick Century's. In recent years, the Buick had been sitting in the yard for over 3 years. That was not good!. When first having the car in my possession, all the sparkplugs stopped working when I was in the middle of the city. Everytime I drive the engine does not want to speed enough, or does not speed up at It's a good car, although I wish it had a more modern look.

2000 Buick Century
By thagentleman22 on 10/03/11 00:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

PROS: -A cheap luxury car. Gets you from point A to B. -Smooth ride, good MPG. Low maintenance car. -Comfortable, roomy seating. Bang for your $. CONS: -Can take a while to get up to faster speeds. -Battery went out after 1 month. Windows went out also. Both minor problems, though. -Rims are ugly (Not a problem with the car). I bought this Buick in August for $5,000 from an elderly man in the desert, Palm Springs, California area. This car has close to 95,000 miles on it. Overall, it has been good to me, and after I get a new battery, I should be a happy owner for another 5 years. Very happy, so far.

never again
By godawgs2013 on 08/25/09 16:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 40k on it about two weeks later the gasket blew.Then then about a month and a half later the motor came out own it for three years right before we got rid of the piece of junk was going to need a transmission.plus the front left blinker never worked. That was enough for me will never go there a again at least not with a buick :(

I Love My Spacious Century Custom
By Ms.Dorsey on 08/01/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I got my car a year ago from splish splash, bad dealership (opinion) they sold it with a bad gasket and within the first 3months it had to be repaired. Thank god they admitted their guilt and fixed it. "Meen Green" has been running quite smoothly ever since. I love the fact that it's so spacious. But I enjoy the concert surround sound the best. Every ride is so satisfying in my Buick!

Multiple problems
By GT on 07/03/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The Buick is a very comfortable car that provides a nice drive. However, it is much like driving a land yacht with slow turn response. We had a large number of stupid problems that were expensive to repair -- glove compartment fell off in my hand the second year ($500 to repair, not covered by warranty); three windows have fallen off their tracks so that they cannot be rolled up ($600 each to repair), multiple problems with trunk (keeps falling on our heads despite two repairs); transmission, A/C compressor, etc etc.

Great car
By Rich on 03/21/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

i have had this car for over 6 years got it with 1100 miles on it it now has 153,000 only thing i have changed was the abs battery 2 times which was under warrenty and about 10,000 miles ago my odometer goes out and i have to tap the dash to make come back on this car was build in canada which is diferent from usa so for having 150,000 miles and still running strong is a plus well worth the 8000 that i paid for it!!!

Perfect for all my needs. Great car!
By buick century 2000 on 01/04/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I've put so many miles on this car, after buying it over 100K, with only routine maintenance needed and a couple of larger repairs. It's roomy enough for friends or luggage, but is small enough that I don't feel like I'm driving a whale. So much room in the trunk! It's been such a great car. The body isn't the most appealing to younger generations (kind of granny-ish) but the quality and usefulness is unmatched. Quiet, smooth ride. Great acceleration uphill. I love my car.

Great Car
By Richard on 08/18/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 56,000 miles in 2005. It's 2008 now and I've put over 70,000 more on it. Drove from Venice Beach to Cleveland, Ohio and back flawlessly 4 times now have never broke down and only had to put minimal wear and tear mantainence like brakes and tires. After 3 years and 70,000 miles never had any break downs or mechanical failures. This car was made in Canada so it was built to higher standards. I only payed $7000 for it and have already gotten my money's worth. Excellent in the snow especially with the flawless ABS and traction control. If you're looking for a reliable car with great gas mileage, 30 mpg, look for a Century built in Canada not Mexico

Too many problems!
By Century 2000 on 06/09/05 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has a lot of problems. On top of that, the dealership in my area has difficulty fixing them. It seems GM can't repair its own cars! Example: this car has had three alignments and the steering wheel remains crooked -- even when the road is flat. Road crown exaggerates it quite a bit. The transmission was serviced for a TSB regarding hard shifting/shuddering gears. The transmission still has problems with harsh shifts and chugging motions at times, even interstate speeds; somewhat disconcerting. This car has developed a lot of creaks and rattles. The rear door panels are loose and vibrate noticeably. My next car will be more reliable -- like a ten year old Kia Sephia.