Used 2000 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Absolutly love this car!!!!
By mandapanda

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car it had high millage (abt 200k). I it was one of the best cars I have ever owned! The low tire light would come on sometimes when tire was not really low; and, had a problem with the light switch. Never had the chance to find out exactly what caused it because my sister ended up driving it over a 20ft bank. The car was totaled; but, my sister came out of the wreck with only bruises and seat belt burn. Really miss my baby. Would recommend this to anyone; and, would love to own another some day!

Favorite Features

Everything about it was great!

Suggested Improvements

wished it had child lock in the rear

Love My Century
By riger

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have been so impressed with my Century. The ride, power, acceleration are all that I need. I especially like to listen to the engine accelerate and the transmission shift. It is so smooth - and I have driven a lot of cars. If it were a Honda, or Camry this same car with the mileage would have cost me about $5000 more than I paid. Now the bad - the window regulator assembly is a problem. A new one at Auto Zone cost $98 with tax. I have installed two. The transmission did shift crazy until I dropped the pan, changed the filter and added Lucas Trans to the existing oil. It now shifts and runs so good that it gives me joy on every trip that I take. Thanks GM

Favorite Features

Traction Control, ABS, Quality of the Engine & Trans (it is known for bad lower intake manifold gaskets but mine have held out so far). The power and shifting are so smooth. Didn't think I would find this quality in an older American Car.

Suggested Improvements

An inside trunk release on the floor, better outside design. Regal and Century are almost identical.

Good car but expect problems
By linnylovescars

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am 21 years old and my Buick Century is the first car that I've ever owned. I inherited from my dad, and it's been on the road for over a year now. We bought it in 2002, when it was retiring from being a rental car with 14,000 miles. It's been in the family since then and so have 2 other Buick Century's. In recent years, the Buick had been sitting in the yard for over 3 years. That was not good!. When first having the car in my possession, all the sparkplugs stopped working when I was in the middle of the city. Everytime I drive the engine does not want to speed enough, or does not speed up at It's a good car, although I wish it had a more modern look.

Favorite Features

The only feature that I do like that some modern new cars don't have is the driver and passenger separate heat or a/c control. So you can have air conditioning on the drivers side and heat on the passengers side. Other than that, it's a pretty basic car.

Suggested Improvements

This is a hard car to parallel park in my opinion because of how the body kind of bubbles out underneath the window. You can't see where your tire is very well, or anything at all. You just have to wing it. Also, I wish this car had a more sporty look. The new Buick's are gorgeous and they could be anybody's car, but this car just screams "senior citizen". I wish this car had more fuel efficiency, it seems to suck gas somedays but not others. But I recently did a 4 hour trip out of state on the highway and I kept it on cruise and I did 300 miles on less then a tank of gas. I was very surprised.

2000 Buick Century
By thagentleman22

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

PROS: -A cheap luxury car. Gets you from point A to B. -Smooth ride, good MPG. Low maintenance car. -Comfortable, roomy seating. Bang for your $. CONS: -Can take a while to get up to faster speeds. -Battery went out after 1 month. Windows went out also. Both minor problems, though. -Rims are ugly (Not a problem with the car). I bought this Buick in August for $5,000 from an elderly man in the desert, Palm Springs, California area. This car has close to 95,000 miles on it. Overall, it has been good to me, and after I get a new battery, I should be a happy owner for another 5 years. Very happy, so far.

Favorite Features

-The leather seats are so smooth! -The Century embedded into the seats! -The smooth exterior color and ride!

Suggested Improvements

-The rims are ugly. I'm getting custom rims. I have no problems with this car. Buick is underrated, and this is why American Cars should be taken more seriously, if made, like this one, with the person in mind. A great car. I love it!

never again
By godawgs2013

2000 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 40k on it about two weeks later the gasket blew.Then then about a month and a half later the motor came out own it for three years right before we got rid of the piece of junk was going to need a transmission.plus the front left blinker never worked. That was enough for me will never go there a again at least not with a buick :(

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

everything