Used 2000 Buick Century Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Never buy used again
By jujube

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this vehicle a month ago with a little over 53,000 miles on it. Since then, the HI/LOW beam dimmer switch went bad ($400), and the Intake Manifold Gasket broke (another $300) and the ascending unit (gas gauge) went bad ($250 w/labor). This has overall been a headache. And a lot of it is the fault of the dealerships. NEVER BY FROM INTERSTATE 99 AUTO IN ERIE, PA***They are crooks

Favorite Features

Automatic lighting, heater works great, there is a dummy light of everything that might go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Put a different antenae on it, put reliable parts into it, move the center console forward as it is way too far back.

Too many problems!
By Century 2000

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has a lot of problems. On top of that, the dealership in my area has difficulty fixing them. It seems GM can't repair its own cars! Example: this car has had three alignments and the steering wheel remains crooked -- even when the road is flat. Road crown exaggerates it quite a bit. The transmission was serviced for a TSB regarding hard shifting/shuddering gears. The transmission still has problems with harsh shifts and chugging motions at times, even interstate speeds; somewhat disconcerting. This car has developed a lot of creaks and rattles. The rear door panels are loose and vibrate noticeably. My next car will be more reliable -- like a ten year old Kia Sephia.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Reliasbility is utterly insipid. Any car made post 1995 should easily be able to log 100,000 miles without major problems.

Good car but expect problems
By linnylovescars

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am 21 years old and my Buick Century is the first car that I've ever owned. I inherited from my dad, and it's been on the road for over a year now. We bought it in 2002, when it was retiring from being a rental car with 14,000 miles. It's been in the family since then and so have 2 other Buick Century's. In recent years, the Buick had been sitting in the yard for over 3 years. That was not good!. When first having the car in my possession, all the sparkplugs stopped working when I was in the middle of the city. Everytime I drive the engine does not want to speed enough, or does not speed up at It's a good car, although I wish it had a more modern look.

Favorite Features

The only feature that I do like that some modern new cars don't have is the driver and passenger separate heat or a/c control. So you can have air conditioning on the drivers side and heat on the passengers side. Other than that, it's a pretty basic car.

Suggested Improvements

This is a hard car to parallel park in my opinion because of how the body kind of bubbles out underneath the window. You can't see where your tire is very well, or anything at all. You just have to wing it. Also, I wish this car had a more sporty look. The new Buick's are gorgeous and they could be anybody's car, but this car just screams "senior citizen". I wish this car had more fuel efficiency, it seems to suck gas somedays but not others. But I recently did a 4 hour trip out of state on the highway and I kept it on cruise and I did 300 miles on less then a tank of gas. I was very surprised.

never again
By godawgs2013

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 40k on it about two weeks later the gasket blew.Then then about a month and a half later the motor came out own it for three years right before we got rid of the piece of junk was going to need a transmission.plus the front left blinker never worked. That was enough for me will never go there a again at least not with a buick :(

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

everything

Dannys review of an overated car
By danny1

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Well, I have 44000 miles and my transmission I believe needs to be replaced. My power motor window is ready to poop out. I replaced a tie rod end already....My wiper blade stopped in the middle of the window so I had to have that replaced. The cars motor sounds like a coffee pot purking in the morning. Very noisy. The glove compartment has no room to speak of. The head rest is to high and restricts my view. Car is terrible over the bumps. New tired helped a lot. The radio reception is just terrible.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage. Great sounding audio system. Nice acceleration at all speeds. Outside of that I am not happy with the car and I just got rid of it.

Suggested Improvements

Put a regular antenna on the car please. Do something about the terrible sounds engine makes when cold in the morning. Make the suspension tighter.