quiet and competent
By ruzz on
1999 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan
My first car, my parents got it for me. As usual, not the choice I would have made, but Dad made the right one I must now admit. She's almost at the 100,000 mile mark and the only problem I've had was the breaks went on me, but even then it performed admirably and got me home safe. Pretty good handling and very forgiving, but it will also move when you tell it to. The overall exterior is designed more for a conservative buyer, but the unremarkable looks actually works to your benefit if you pass an officer of the law a little too much on the expeditious side, as opposed to doing so in a more aggressively styled car. Just do the routine maintenance and you should have no problems.
Favorite Features
Reliability. Put gas in it and go. Also very forgiving even if you dont, more American brands could do well to do likewise.
Suggested Improvements
Not so much the cars faults, because it was designed to be very smooth and conservative, but I'd prefer to have a sportier suspension and louder less constrictive exhaust system. I'd also like to see the mpg in the 30's.