So Far so Good
By GO EAGLES on
1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan
I bought this car with only 58,000 original miles (obviously from an older couple who never drove) and paid a reasonable $4000. I have already driven it 8,000 miles in about 5 months and have had no issues to speak of. The intake manifold gasket was replaced before I bought it (apparetnly this is a common problem with this V6) and I'm hoping I will only have to do oil changes for a while. The car is not fast or good looking or anything to brag about, but it is comfortable, reliable, and gets decent gas mileage. Right now I am getting about 32 highway and 25 city. I have driven this car as far north as Boston and as far south as Washington DC and many places in between with nothing bad to say.
Favorite Features
Highway cruising, this thing floats down the road in total comfort. Gas mileage is also good for a larger car with V6 power.
Suggested Improvements
Make the front seats more supportive, they lack lateral support. Also, my car has the "high end" Bose sound system. I am suprised Bose would attach their name to such crappy speakers. But at least this is an easy upgrade.