Excellent car
By Rob on
1999 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan
Got this as my first car and had it not been totaled in a highway accident, would have driven it for years to come. While it's average looking, it's the most comfortable car I've ever been in. The seats have the perfect amount of cushioning and when driving on the highway you'd think you were sitting still it's so quiet and smooth. I felt absolutely no bumps ever, which I suppose is expected of a Buick (it's famous for floating down the roads). The interior is basic, but if you're looking for a stylish car you shouldn't be going toward a '99 Buick anyway. The controls are easy to get to and understandable, and you feel like there's plenty of room in the front seat. Very recommended.
Favorite Features
The comfort of the ride, definitely a luxury car. The multi-purpose turn signal handle is great, controlling windshield wipers and cruise control. Probably the best cruise control setup ever, don't even need to move your hands. Also, it's big.I was run off the highway going 70 and not even bruised
Suggested Improvements
The brakes a part of the "comfort" of the ride when they shouldn't be. The car makes you glide to a stop, even under heavy braking, and it shouldn't. It's inevitable that you're going to need to stop very short at least once, and even if comfort is compromised I'd prefer stronger brakes.