1999 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
second car ever and loving it.
By wonderchef2012 on 12/17/11 19:28 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

this car is better than the first car i purchased. i am 19 and my first car lasted 3 months before the transmission caused a whole bunch of things to go wrong. this car is bigger, better and more reliable. i know i am probably too young to want this car but i am loving every mile it gives me and i love the room it has.

Excellent
By Buckeye Barbie on 04/06/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

With the Exception of the Window Motors, this car has been an Excellent Car. I love it!

So Far so Good
By GO EAGLES on 01/21/09 12:34 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 58,000 original miles (obviously from an older couple who never drove) and paid a reasonable $4000. I have already driven it 8,000 miles in about 5 months and have had no issues to speak of. The intake manifold gasket was replaced before I bought it (apparetnly this is a common problem with this V6) and I'm hoping I will only have to do oil changes for a while. The car is not fast or good looking or anything to brag about, but it is comfortable, reliable, and gets decent gas mileage. Right now I am getting about 32 highway and 25 city. I have driven this car as far north as Boston and as far south as Washington DC and many places in between with nothing bad to say.

A decent car
By good car on 11/21/06 19:32 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I really did like this car for the quality of driving, but I had serious problems with the electric windows. I replaced 3 of them within a year and my brother is now having to replace all of them again since buying the car from me. A very comfortable car. I would reccomend it to anyone. Just dont use the windows

a great deal
By metsfan on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I've had the car almost a year and had no problems. Very comfortable on long trips. Doesn't handle like a sports car, but that's okay. Added bonus: insurance is cheap because this is one of the least stolen cars.

FOUR +YEARS OF USE
By betty lou becker on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

VERY COMFORTABLE AND SMOOTH RIDE VERY GOOD GAS MILAGE AS HIGH AS 33MPG ON THE HIGHWAY AND AS LOW AS 24MPG MIXED DRIVING CONDITIONS.CHOOSEN FOR ABILITY TO ACCOMDATE 6 PASSENGERS IN WHEN NEEDED THE CAR IS QUITE AND RESPONSIVE WHEN NEEDING EXTRA POWER

Buick has lost two customers for life
By Chuck123456 on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Problems, problems, problems. My wife purchased this car new and put 29,000 miles on it before we sold it. In that time frame the car needed to be repaired over sisteen times. Not the same thing every time, but different things on a regular basis. I'm not talking minor things either. Before this Buick we have only purchased GM products and have been well satisified with them. However when we purchased this one things changed. If you buy a new GM product and have problems, be prepared to get the run around. I strongly encourage you to look elsewhere, ther are better cars and companies to do business with.

GREAT CAR
By DJAY4 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

LOVE CAR...NOTHING MAJOR WRONG SINCE I GOT THE CAR..JUST LITTLE THINGS LIKE THE HORN STOPPED WORKING. OTHERWISE GREAT WORKING CAR.AFTER I DROVE IT 20,000 MILES BRAKES WERE LOW.

Buick Century - very good but some probl
By rtibbits on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

The car is generally very good. It did have a water leak in the intake manifold just before the 36000 mile warrantee. The brake pedal has to be lubricated a lot or it sqeeks. The door molding moves and causes the doors to stick, had fixed twice. If you have dew on the side windows rolling them down and up does nothing, have to wipe them.

Buick, my reliable buddy
By Decker on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

My Buick was purchased in May of 1999. I now have 100,000 safe, reliable miles on her with no problems of any kind. Great car!