Used 1999 Buick Century Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

second car ever and loving it.
By wonderchef2012

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

this car is better than the first car i purchased. i am 19 and my first car lasted 3 months before the transmission caused a whole bunch of things to go wrong. this car is bigger, better and more reliable. i know i am probably too young to want this car but i am loving every mile it gives me and i love the room it has.

i love the concert sound that came standard in this model because you feel the music around you and there's no engine noise in the car, which makes this the perfect road trip car. i like the reliability of the engine, although i would have liked to see an rpm gauge so that i could know exactly how fast i am pushing the engine.

If i were making this car i would have put more wood paneling on the dash and doors. i would have made the ac/heat controls knobs instead of buttons because they are easier to use. i dont know about anyone else but i cannot find the trunk button/switch in the car, i have the remote button but it would be better to have a button in the car just in case the remote breaks or dies.

Excellent
By Buckeye Barbie

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

With the Exception of the Window Motors, this car has been an Excellent Car. I love it!

Everything but the Window Motors.

Window Motors need a Recall.

So Far so Good
By GO EAGLES

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 58,000 original miles (obviously from an older couple who never drove) and paid a reasonable $4000. I have already driven it 8,000 miles in about 5 months and have had no issues to speak of. The intake manifold gasket was replaced before I bought it (apparetnly this is a common problem with this V6) and I'm hoping I will only have to do oil changes for a while. The car is not fast or good looking or anything to brag about, but it is comfortable, reliable, and gets decent gas mileage. Right now I am getting about 32 highway and 25 city. I have driven this car as far north as Boston and as far south as Washington DC and many places in between with nothing bad to say.

Highway cruising, this thing floats down the road in total comfort. Gas mileage is also good for a larger car with V6 power.

Make the front seats more supportive, they lack lateral support. Also, my car has the "high end" Bose sound system. I am suprised Bose would attach their name to such crappy speakers. But at least this is an easy upgrade.

A decent car
By good car

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I really did like this car for the quality of driving, but I had serious problems with the electric windows. I replaced 3 of them within a year and my brother is now having to replace all of them again since buying the car from me. A very comfortable car. I would reccomend it to anyone. Just dont use the windows

The soft ride and the comfortable leather seats

Power windows

a great deal
By metsfan

1999 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I've had the car almost a year and had no problems. Very comfortable on long trips. Doesn't handle like a sports car, but that's okay. Added bonus: insurance is cheap because this is one of the least stolen cars.

CD player, leather seats

Cupholders could be better, fit and finish good, but not as good as Toyota