1998 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Great, dependable car
By Karen J on 08/25/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for an economical, dependable, comfortable sedan, this is the one. The ride of a luxury car yet the price of an economy car.

Underestimated car
By Maryann on 08/05/05 08:24 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. The only things that have ever needed fixing were: 1) a cup holder, 2) a flat tire, 3) refrigerant added. That's some recommendation, don't you agree?

Very Good Car
By lyrical on 08/04/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Have not had one problem with this car. If you are long legged, this car is not for you, otherwise perfect car for ride and looks.

'98 Buick Century
By Jeanette5241 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Purchased my second Buick Century and have enjoyed a very easy to drive, comfortable (Mny folks ask "what kind of car is this"after they've been riding in it awhile because they notice how comfortable it is to ride in.) My Dad drives this as the "errands" care and my 15 year old neice has just started to learn on it -- she prefers it over our mini-van for ease of driving. Very solid and dependable.

Good car to own.
By wmmickulas on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Buick Century is a proven, reliable car that has given me 5 years of service and is still going without any problems.

A very reliable car
By kjmilton on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

It is considered an average car-and I bought it because of good price withuot high expectation on performance. But after 5 years there had been nothing wrong whatsoever, and it has very reasonable performance with an excellent GM 3.1L engine- enough power for a mid-size car. The ride is very comfortable, even more so on the back seat. With all attention on Honda/Toyota, I really think this Buick is second to none in quality.

I Love My Car
By Campers on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had excellent service, reliability, performance and passenger space. I am buying another one exactly like this one.

Why bother to replace it?
By Brooklyn teacher on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

First new car that I, not my husband, have purchased. Best car our family has ever owned: worry free, GREAT mileage, great acceleration for a non- sports car. Only now, after five years have we needed to repair/replace anything: tires, serpentine belt. Since you can't easily tell a '98 from a 2003, why would anyone want/need to buy a newer version. Kudos to GM.

Bought new, great car!
By BobO on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Love the car. Very, very comfortable seats, smooth ride. Great on long trips. Only problem so far, after 4 yrs/30,000 mi. -- after two years the comfort control display began to fade - replaced under warranty. Would certainly consider buying again.

Would buy again.
By Fairwind on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car new and have been very pleased with it. I would consider it again. It is very comfortable for long trips and easy to drive in town. The moon roof should be standard on all Buicks, such a nice feature.