1998 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Comfortable and smooth and 11 years old
By Tiarella on 10/25/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has large comfortable seats, smooth ride, and a huge trunk. Nice for travel. If you need a trunk to hold 4 golf bags, this is the car for you. The only problems I've had are two windows quit working, the ABS needed repair, and the cup holders broke off. Had its first tune up at over 100,000 miles. If you use the door button to lock the doors when you get out, there is a delay after you shut the door before the car locks (in case you forgot keys or something). If you don't want the delay, you just hit the button twice, or you can use the key fob to lock it instantly.

1998 Buick Century Custom 4 Door Sedan
By mg on 07/18/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used it's Canadian made. Has alot of things that go wrong for no reason and could have easily been remedied if addressed correctly during manufacturing processes. Replaced the fan blower because it's mounted upside down under passenger side it wore the spacer so it would hang up squeel and stop. Head Gasket is blown for no reason other than bad mixture of parts componants engine to Head cover two different metals that destroys the Gasket.Caused the coolant to mix with the oil.

Great car
By proendesign on 02/06/09 19:20 PM (PST)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 9 years now- it's been great. No major issues,a few flaws, but 1998 was the first year of the new model. I have about 210,000 km (divide that by 1.6 for miles) and I just did regular maintenance. Very confortable and quiet. As it is getting older, I consider replacing it with an Audi A8 or BMW 760i but in all honesty I have no reason other than getting a new and fancy toy. I highly recommend it (check the J.D. Power reports on Buick, both Century and Regal).

10 Years and Going Strong
By mstoys18 on 09/13/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

10 years with no major repairs, just the typical maintenence. It is very reliable. About 21 miles to the gallon overall. I do mostly city driving from one football or baseball field to the next. It seats 6 in a pinch. It is extremely comfortable for long trips. Only replaced the cup holder since I owned it.

Awesome car for the price!
By jessica on 05/15/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 75,000 miles on it. Since then I have put 43k on it myself, and now have 118k miles on it. The only things I have done to this car so far is brakes and oil changes. This car has never broken down on me! Which means a lot because I have driven some lemons and had constant problems in the past. I have never had any mechanical issues except the heater-- at 115k it would only blow on high. The gas mileage isn't the greatest for it being a car, but other than that, very smooth ride, exceptionally reliable, the car looks brand new and I only paid $4,000 for it used. Well worth the value!

Look at the little things
By bigdogdriver01 on 04/21/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My Buick has 102,000 miles on it and it runs great. The engine is tough but its the small stuff like the seats not holding out well, the chrome trim on the front bumber has aleady come off the car and a trim piece on the roof is rolling up. I think in the future when I want a long lasting car I'll stay away from GM.

It's excellent for college student
By Garrick on 12/01/07 10:18 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has been my main source of transportation and it has been easy to maintain my service. Parts are cheaper than others. Comfortable drive on the highway. I have had a couple of check engine lights come however, it was for a reason such as spark plugs needing to be change. When I purchased the car it had 144,000 miles now it has 183000. Still drives good w/o noise, rattling or nothing. When I brought it i put new shocks and struts and engine mounts & transmission mounts. Thats all. Did regular service such as oil change and throttle body service, change air filter, oil filter after oil change but that's all.

Buick Century
By Quinton on 06/20/06 18:34 PM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned the car for over 4 years now, and it hasen't let me down yet. I have had some problems ( i.e. leak in rack and pinion, wheel bearings and abs sensors) but nothing to worry about. The car gives a good ride, excellent fuel economy, however it could use a little more power.

A pretty good car
By Val Bennett on 02/28/06 18:41 PM (PST)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car has been a very reliable mode of transportation. The only major repair was a front wheel bearing. The cassette/radio had to be replaced. My kids call it a "grandma car", but it is comfortable.

Great, dependable car
By Karen J on 08/25/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for an economical, dependable, comfortable sedan, this is the one. The ride of a luxury car yet the price of an economy car.