1997 Buick Century Consumer Review: Dependability plus

1997 Buick Century - Consumer Review

Dependability plus
By Bignorm on

1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 10 years and still looks and drives great. Had to replace intake gasket and ABS module, $1,000 repairs a couple of years ago. Put on aftermarket wheels 6 yrs ago and Reggata II tires. Just had the car detailed. The cloth seats had picked up a couple cups of coffee. I had the seats pulled for thorough cleaning, pulled the carpet and cleaned, tefloned the outside. I like the good seating and do not like leather. The car looks and runs like new, looking to run it at least 2 more years. Consistant 20mpg back and forth to work in city traffic.

Favorite Features

Nice ride, decent mileage and looks good as new models. At this vintage with no depreciation, what do you want. In a couple of years I can get a 2006.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel is showing wear, the cup holder is broke. I have driven newer rental car models and I think these have been addressed. The electric windows are slow, probably tired motors. The Florida heat has caused the rubber to stick to the windows. A different window seal material would be good.