600K+ miles still going strong
By Buickbuildquality on
1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan
I've owned this vehicle its whole life, and I can only say that when my Lexus wouldn't start, when my Porsche wasn't big enough, and when my Escalade just wasn't efficient enough; my little Buick pulled through with flying colours. This car has gone everywhere and never let me down. I can afford any car under the sun but I refuse to give this one up do to the remarkable reliability and appreciation I have for it. You heard it here folks 600K+ miles and going very strong: just replaced original the AC Delco batt. last year, get 31mpg going 85, has decent pep, lovely ride, sure its not the most handsome car or most expensive but it has never-ever given me a days worth of trouble, I love it!
Favorite Features
The ride is nice for long car journeys. It's by no means a sports coupe, but rather an interstate eater. The motor is extremely reliable, fuel efficient, and moves the car with ease (and occasionally when you really want to, it can gear down, snort, and surprisingly bolt off) This car is marvelous
Suggested Improvements
Really for when it was new only paying about $20k for it, everything is very reasonable. Sure it has some vinyl interior trim, and some things aren't great, but its been an excellent and extraordinarily economical vehicle. The only trouble I've had with it is a failed water pump at 450K miles.