Used 1997 Buick Century Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1997 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Most Helpful|
average but lifesaving
By littledude30542

1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

My grandmother owned this car since new. She kept it flawless and super clean. The car was problomatic at first having an electrical faiulure . All the guages conked out but after that great. But december 2003 she was involved in an accident . She passed out and crashed through a red light but thankfully she survived ,but the car was totaled. But the car was not as bad shape as i thought it would be in .

Favorite Features

design is very anti-aging

Suggested Improvements

steering, reliability , and standard features

Iris's
By Iris Flower

1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

The vehicle has been reliable. No problem starting, no stalling. Rides comfortably on rough roads. Has ABS that work well in inclement weather. Automatic lights at dark are convenient and the daylight running lights are a safety factor. Instrumentation is convenient. Trunk is roomy and has a net to hold small items.

Favorite Features

ABS brakes, auto transmission, six cylinder motor for power which is small enough to be frugal on gas. Automatic lighting at dusk and daylight running lights. Auto window operation.

Good Car
By Marsheen

1997 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car over a year now. Since I'am quite young and a maniac on a road, this car is takeing a beating every day. I make the engine of this car cry after its roaring and the car still drives good. I'm not sure but I might have felt a little power loss over the time but I might be wrong. So far the only thing that broke on it was my cup holder and two mottor windows, and the interior trim is not holding in few places, because I had a 1200 watt system put in and the plastic wasn't put on properly. I'm bored of this car now and I want a faster one, but if you're not planning to drive like an idiot than defenetly purchase one of these cars.

Favorite Features

The steroe I put in it :P

Suggested Improvements

My bass is makeing the trunk rattle, fix it buick!

Great Car
By tpalya

1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Quiet and comfortable, we bought this car used and have been happy ever since. Replacing factory tires with Goodyear Regatta-2 improved handling and ride beyond belief. Great family car, reliable and inexpensive to operate.

Favorite Features

Confortable seats, great sound system

Suggested Improvements

Factory tires should be better

No Bells or Whistles
By ScottieG

1997 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this Buick against my style requirements out of cost and necessity. I have not a single complaint about this car from 35000 to 159000mi. It was not attractive but more than functional. I sold it to my sister to buy a Maxima and miss that Century in every way other than styling and pick up. Excellent, comfortable transportation that owed me nothing.

Favorite Features

The seats were comfortable and it handled just fine. I wasn't trying to win any races but kept up with the best of them.