Used 1995 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

1995 Buick Century user history
By Midland, Michigan

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Generally good experience. Car has 180,000 miles. We are the second owner. Comfortble ride, good acceleration, 30 MPG highway, power windows/seats still work. Inconveniences: service engine light on a lot, rotors warp, rust on trunk, passenger door sagged (closes hard), engine would "miss" or "bog down" under acceleration but replacing the ignition wires solved that. Developing rust around the windshield. We added after-market cruise control and a CD player improving an already comfortable riding experience. It is showing its age. But no car payment makes it tolerable when repairs do occur.

30 MPG, acceleration, comfortable ride, reclining seat

We added cruise and a CD player. Consider high performance rotors. Our car seems to warp rotors more often than I would have thought resonable. Hard to find the paint for the do-it-yourself auto body repairs.

Our backup car
By unclehal

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Have only 31000 on this car...but find it very valuable...especially these days. Gas prices..this car never runs out of gas...not sure of the exact mileage..but its great. Easy to drive and easy to get in and out of for my older relatives. Nothing flashy..but if you are looking for a good priced used car, I recommend this one

Low gas consumption and low maintainance

Free car, and I think I paid too much!!!
By rojo412

1995 Buick Century Special 4dr Wagon

When my 92 LeSabre finally drove me to the brink with its faulty exterior, I got this wagon from my grandparents, for free. I thought "this should work for a while and I got a great deal! All options, owned by sweet old lady who drove it to church. And it's low mileage so it should be sweet!" WRONG!!! Even at 62,000 it was showing its age. Rusting out exterior, ABS is going in and out, head gasket leaking, strange fluid in the coolant overflow. At 80k, a mechanic told me to sell it and cut my losses. Well, at 88k, I still have it and wish I took his advice.

I won't bag on it completely, but any praise would be for general stuff. It holds a lot of stuff... like a wagon should. It had a pretty decent set of speakers... like premium sound should. Power seats are cool... when the control panel doesn't fall off (yeah, it did!).

As a guy who is too young and too big for this car, obviously I hate it. But even if you are the perfect size for it, you would want to see the engine at least turn 100k without major repairs needed (head gasket, ABS). The interior souldn't fall apart on you. Suggested improvement: Don't buy Buicks

sweet
By lurchmister

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

this is a great car for starting teens.

the look of it

ok gas milliage

A-bodies are terrific!
By occupant1

1995 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car new in mid-
1996 as a leftover 1995 model with 400
miles or so on it. The car has been
all over the country with minor repairs
over the last 8 years. The most
annoying problem was the belt tensioner
for the engine drivebelt. It broke
three or four times but hasn't broken
in the last 100K, so maybe it's fixed
right now. Drives like new, I should
know, I took my license test in it at
2000 miles.

Front seats have power recliners. Engine is 2.2 liter 4-cylinder (like Cavalier and S-10 pickup) and gets 25mpg in town and 30-32mpg on highway, even after 227,000 miles

Power mirrors would be a nice touch and can be swapped from other GM products (like the Century Limited). Could get even better mileage with a four-speed automatic.