Used 1995 Buick Century Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Century Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Special 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (1 review )

Free car, and I think I paid too much!!!
By rojo412

1995 Buick Century Wagon Special 4dr Wagon

When my 92 LeSabre finally drove me to the brink with its faulty exterior, I got this wagon from my grandparents, for free. I thought "this should work for a while and I got a great deal! All options, owned by sweet old lady who drove it to church. And it's low mileage so it should be sweet!" WRONG!!! Even at 62,000 it was showing its age. Rusting out exterior, ABS is going in and out, head gasket leaking, strange fluid in the coolant overflow. At 80k, a mechanic told me to sell it and cut my losses. Well, at 88k, I still have it and wish I took his advice.

I won't bag on it completely, but any praise would be for general stuff. It holds a lot of stuff... like a wagon should. It had a pretty decent set of speakers... like premium sound should. Power seats are cool... when the control panel doesn't fall off (yeah, it did!).

As a guy who is too young and too big for this car, obviously I hate it. But even if you are the perfect size for it, you would want to see the engine at least turn 100k without major repairs needed (head gasket, ABS). The interior souldn't fall apart on you. Suggested improvement: Don't buy Buicks