Used 1995 Buick Century Special Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1995 Buick Century Sedan

View reviews for a specific Century model:

95 Buick Century Special
By doc miller

1995 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

I bought it in Nov. 2001. It had 29,000 miles on it. It has the V-6 and if driven at 65 mph or less, you can get up to 30 mpg. The fit and finish are very good. It is comfortable on long trips. I now have 52,000 miles on the car and outside of normal maintenance, it has not given me any problems.

A-bodies are terrific!
By occupant1

1995 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car new in mid- 1996 as a leftover 1995 model with 400 miles or so on it. The car has been all over the country with minor repairs over the last 8 years. The most annoying problem was the belt tensioner for the engine drivebelt. It broke three or four times but hasn't broken in the last 100K, so maybe it's fixed right now. Drives like new, I should know, I took my license test in it at 2000 miles.

Favorite Features

Front seats have power recliners. Engine is 2.2 liter 4-cylinder (like Cavalier and S-10 pickup) and gets 25mpg in town and 30-32mpg on highway, even after 227,000 miles

Suggested Improvements

Power mirrors would be a nice touch and can be swapped from other GM products (like the Century Limited). Could get even better mileage with a four-speed automatic.