Used 1995 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

I love my car
By littlemissashley

1995 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had my car since 2005. I bought it from my aunt for 1500 and I've been driving it since. I have only had routine maintenance issues but nothing serious happen. Agatha, as I have dubbed her, has been the best car I've ever driven. It is dependable and sturdy, she gets around 24 mpg and runs great on the highway, which is where a lot of my miles come from. I can't imagine driving anything else. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking.

I love the large trunk. I have moved several times and it makes it easy having all the space to store boxes. Also, the large spot between the tire wells is a good fit for a box with two 12 in subs in it, ha ha

The 95 Model is very Reliable
By Mark

1995 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for 400 cash with only 72k original miles. Had to replace the compressor, serpentine belt, tensioner, and grease the brake cylinders. Also had a power steering leak that wasn't much to fix. This was because the car sat for 2 years or more, only the battery was replaced when I bought it and it drove almost perfect! This car has proven to be very reliable even to the fact that there was very limited rust on this vehicle for it's age.

Highbeams are utra-bright, plenty of trunk-space, very comfortable ride, nice-looking car

The 3-speed automatic Tranny runs great and I have no problems with it but for a V6 I think a 4-spd auto would add more power to the wheels when you need it. Also the paint goes on these cars but paint doesn't affect performance.

Great Commuter
By Finch (male)

1995 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, at 96K replaced muffler, at 102K had vacuum leak and lug bolts. Other than that great reliability, and seats are still comfortable. Good for commuter or teen car! I average 22-23 MPG combined driving.

Death of a Faithful Friend
By Melody

1995 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

First I agree with one reviewer on the warped rotors. Both front window motors went out about the same time a few years ago as well as having an expensive electrical problem that caused major havic but after a the dealership fixed it ran like a charm. Now, its all over. Too expensive to put anymore into her with intake valves needing replaces and a cracked head gasket. Now I have water in my oil. Time for another car. 1 great years! Orig. miles 105,000; not a traveler.

Large trunk, lots of room for passengers, comfortable, smooth riding.

Add a CD player for sure. The tape player died long ago. Change the rims, and a paint job from the classic white. This all if she were still alive and kicking.

1995 Buick Century user history
By Midland, Michigan

1995 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Generally good experience. Car has 180,000 miles. We are the second owner. Comfortble ride, good acceleration, 30 MPG highway, power windows/seats still work. Inconveniences: service engine light on a lot, rotors warp, rust on trunk, passenger door sagged (closes hard), engine would "miss" or "bog down" under acceleration but replacing the ignition wires solved that. Developing rust around the windshield. We added after-market cruise control and a CD player improving an already comfortable riding experience. It is showing its age. But no car payment makes it tolerable when repairs do occur.

30 MPG, acceleration, comfortable ride, reclining seat

We added cruise and a CD player. Consider high performance rotors. Our car seems to warp rotors more often than I would have thought resonable. Hard to find the paint for the do-it-yourself auto body repairs.