1995 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
The 95 Model is very Reliable
By Mark on 08/19/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for 400 cash with only 72k original miles. Had to replace the compressor, serpentine belt, tensioner, and grease the brake cylinders. Also had a power steering leak that wasn't much to fix. This was because the car sat for 2 years or more, only the battery was replaced when I bought it and it drove almost perfect! This car has proven to be very reliable even to the fact that there was very limited rust on this vehicle for it's age.

Great Commuter
By Finch (male) on 02/09/09 13:35 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, at 96K replaced muffler, at 102K had vacuum leak and lug bolts. Other than that great reliability, and seats are still comfortable. Good for commuter or teen car! I average 22-23 MPG combined driving.

sweet
By lurchmister on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

this is a great car for starting teens.

'95 Buick Century
By axthetax on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Well built interior, roomy, comfortable. Very UNreliable mechanically, transmission problems, compressor problems, blown head gasket, all at 75,000 miles. BEWARE.

also a good teen car
By teen_buick_driver on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

this car in my opinion was the best value for my dollar, it was the best buy for only 4000, it was the newest with the less mileage of 97000, which to some may seem a lot, but i am hopeful it will last as long as my grandparents 92 did of 180000 miles, i love the acceleration, and comfort feel of it, i enjoy getting on freeways, all in all a great/excellent car

My Dream Car
By lynda on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a used car in August of 1997 with 42000 miles on it, so they must have been mostly highway miles. It now has 85000 miles on it 5+ years later. It has been a very reliable car. I have replaced the battery, brakes, muffler, and exhaust. This car always starts quickly and has been kept in the garage during the time that I have owned it.

Century a Great Car
By firedawg on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

The car has been a great car. We had one transmission problem after 140k miles. Since fixing that problem, the ownership has been uneventful.

NOTHING BUT MONEY MONEY MONEY
By Pinkcadillac_1 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this from the dealer with 13 miles, I have had nothing but mechanical problems since I bought it. FRONT RIGHT DRIVE AXLE, BRAKES, TIRES, WHEEL INNERS. WINDOW MOTORS REPLACES MULTIPLE TIMES UNDER THE 100,000 MILE EXTENDED WARRANTY I PAID BIGGGGGGGG BUCKS FOR, ONLY TO GIVE OUT SOON AFTER THE LAST REPLACEMENT AND LOCK ONE OPEN, ONE CLOSED. NOISEY NOISEY RATTLES AND SQUEALS, NEVER CORRECTED UNDER WARRANTY, nor was the ALL POWER OPTIONS WORTH THE MONEY I PAID. For comfort..

Bought Car at 8,000 miles
By Dave Lavender on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We have had a 1990 Buick Century and looked for this 1995 five years ago. It has disappointed us in noise. The engine is noisy, much more than our 1990 model. Wind noise is really bad on the highway. Radiator had to be replaced at 100,000 miles. It is difficult to park due to not being able to see the front fenders well enough. The turning radius is very poor. This will be our last Buick after the disappointing things we have had. Local Buick dealer has not been honest and this is one factor I won'tolerate.