Used 1995 Buick Century Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

I love my car
By littlemissashley

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had my car since 2005. I bought it from my aunt for 1500 and I've been driving it since. I have only had routine maintenance issues but nothing serious happen. Agatha, as I have dubbed her, has been the best car I've ever driven. It is dependable and sturdy, she gets around 24 mpg and runs great on the highway, which is where a lot of my miles come from. I can't imagine driving anything else. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking.

Favorite Features

I love the large trunk. I have moved several times and it makes it easy having all the space to store boxes. Also, the large spot between the tire wells is a good fit for a box with two 12 in subs in it, ha ha

Death of a Faithful Friend
By Melody

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

First I agree with one reviewer on the warped rotors. Both front window motors went out about the same time a few years ago as well as having an expensive electrical problem that caused major havic but after a the dealership fixed it ran like a charm. Now, its all over. Too expensive to put anymore into her with intake valves needing replaces and a cracked head gasket. Now I have water in my oil. Time for another car. 1 great years! Orig. miles 105,000; not a traveler.

Favorite Features

Large trunk, lots of room for passengers, comfortable, smooth riding.

Suggested Improvements

Add a CD player for sure. The tape player died long ago. Change the rims, and a paint job from the classic white. This all if she were still alive and kicking.

1995 Buick Century user history
By Midland, Michigan

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Generally good experience. Car has 180,000 miles. We are the second owner. Comfortble ride, good acceleration, 30 MPG highway, power windows/seats still work. Inconveniences: service engine light on a lot, rotors warp, rust on trunk, passenger door sagged (closes hard), engine would "miss" or "bog down" under acceleration but replacing the ignition wires solved that. Developing rust around the windshield. We added after-market cruise control and a CD player improving an already comfortable riding experience. It is showing its age. But no car payment makes it tolerable when repairs do occur.

Favorite Features

30 MPG, acceleration, comfortable ride, reclining seat

Suggested Improvements

We added cruise and a CD player. Consider high performance rotors. Our car seems to warp rotors more often than I would have thought resonable. Hard to find the paint for the do-it-yourself auto body repairs.

Our backup car
By unclehal

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Have only 31000 on this car...but find it very valuable...especially these days. Gas prices..this car never runs out of gas...not sure of the exact mileage..but its great. Easy to drive and easy to get in and out of for my older relatives. Nothing flashy..but if you are looking for a good priced used car, I recommend this one

Favorite Features

Low gas consumption and low maintainance

Limited 1995 Buick Century Review
By Simon24262

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

At of the 3 cars I have owned within the past 2 years, this by far has been the best. It hasnt had any major problems and has always started. the only problem I have had is I ran out of gas while drving down the road. Not that big of a problem, also I have a bad ground in the engine somewhere which I've been meaning to get fixed but it doesnt really affect the performance of the car that much. So on a scale of 1-10 I would rate this car a 9. If you are looking for affordable luxury, you'll love this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the power and leather seats. Also, the look of luxury within the car.

Suggested Improvements

There isnt many improvements I would make. I guess I would make the car have a cd player instead of tape and a better sound system. Thats it.