1995 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
I love my car
By littlemissashley on 07/29/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had my car since 2005. I bought it from my aunt for 1500 and I've been driving it since. I have only had routine maintenance issues but nothing serious happen. Agatha, as I have dubbed her, has been the best car I've ever driven. It is dependable and sturdy, she gets around 24 mpg and runs great on the highway, which is where a lot of my miles come from. I can't imagine driving anything else. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking.

The 95 Model is very Reliable
By Mark on 08/19/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for 400 cash with only 72k original miles. Had to replace the compressor, serpentine belt, tensioner, and grease the brake cylinders. Also had a power steering leak that wasn't much to fix. This was because the car sat for 2 years or more, only the battery was replaced when I bought it and it drove almost perfect! This car has proven to be very reliable even to the fact that there was very limited rust on this vehicle for it's age.

Great Commuter
By Finch (male) on 02/09/09 13:35 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, at 96K replaced muffler, at 102K had vacuum leak and lug bolts. Other than that great reliability, and seats are still comfortable. Good for commuter or teen car! I average 22-23 MPG combined driving.

Death of a Faithful Friend
By Melody on 08/02/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

First I agree with one reviewer on the warped rotors. Both front window motors went out about the same time a few years ago as well as having an expensive electrical problem that caused major havic but after a the dealership fixed it ran like a charm. Now, its all over. Too expensive to put anymore into her with intake valves needing replaces and a cracked head gasket. Now I have water in my oil. Time for another car. 1 great years! Orig. miles 105,000; not a traveler.

1995 Buick Century user history
By Midland, Michigan on 04/26/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Generally good experience. Car has 180,000 miles. We are the second owner. Comfortble ride, good acceleration, 30 MPG highway, power windows/seats still work. Inconveniences: service engine light on a lot, rotors warp, rust on trunk, passenger door sagged (closes hard), engine would "miss" or "bog down" under acceleration but replacing the ignition wires solved that. Developing rust around the windshield. We added after-market cruise control and a CD player improving an already comfortable riding experience. It is showing its age. But no car payment makes it tolerable when repairs do occur.

Our backup car
By unclehal on 09/06/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

Have only 31000 on this car...but find it very valuable...especially these days. Gas prices..this car never runs out of gas...not sure of the exact mileage..but its great. Easy to drive and easy to get in and out of for my older relatives. Nothing flashy..but if you are looking for a good priced used car, I recommend this one

Free car, and I think I paid too much!!!
By rojo412 on 01/11/05 11:17 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Special 4dr Wagon

When my 92 LeSabre finally drove me to the brink with its faulty exterior, I got this wagon from my grandparents, for free. I thought "this should work for a while and I got a great deal! All options, owned by sweet old lady who drove it to church. And it's low mileage so it should be sweet!" WRONG!!! Even at 62,000 it was showing its age. Rusting out exterior, ABS is going in and out, head gasket leaking, strange fluid in the coolant overflow. At 80k, a mechanic told me to sell it and cut my losses. Well, at 88k, I still have it and wish I took his advice.

sweet
By lurchmister on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

this is a great car for starting teens.

A-bodies are terrific!
By occupant1 on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car new in mid- 1996 as a leftover 1995 model with 400 miles or so on it. The car has been all over the country with minor repairs over the last 8 years. The most annoying problem was the belt tensioner for the engine drivebelt. It broke three or four times but hasn't broken in the last 100K, so maybe it's fixed right now. Drives like new, I should know, I took my license test in it at 2000 miles.

'95 Buick Century
By axthetax on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Well built interior, roomy, comfortable. Very UNreliable mechanically, transmission problems, compressor problems, blown head gasket, all at 75,000 miles. BEWARE.