Used 1994 Buick Century Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1994 Buick Century Sedan

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Reliable and comfortable
By pucksropper

1994 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Great comfortable car to drive very reliable with 140,000. I bought this from the in laws who owned it along time before and no major issues. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheaper reliable car

Favorite Features

comfort/ motor

Suggested Improvements

none

Buicks foever
By buick lover

1994 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Inherititsed this car in 06 with 28000. Always garaged and well maintained. Presently has 69000. Other than a little overnight sitting starting problem.this car is a gem. Having its 60000 tune up this weekend. It's a V6 gets 28mpg highway. I will give this to a nephew or garaged it forever.This puff is staying in the family.Keep up the good work. Interested in the new lacross

Favorite Features

My favaorite feature in this car is its power and comfort. Great on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

a little larger cabin, for I am a husky guy

Great visibility
By Darlene

1994 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1994 Buick Century from my father's estate. I first noticed that the car has excellent visibility so often lacking in newer vehicles. The car is great on the highway because of it's performance, it handles well, and I also appreciate it in the city because my all around visibility is so good. My main concern about the car is that the heat indicator seems to climb while on the highway. I recently had the radiator flushed and was told all was well, but it did not solve the problem of the heat gauge. This makes me nervous for long travel......if this problem could be solved, I would absolutely love this car.

bad car
By reneetori

1994 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought it used for $2600.00 in 2007 and it had 6200. Miles on it. The transmission was replaced 2xs! And the gas mileage was really bad. I have always had used cars and this was by far the worst. We had other problems here but to many to mention.

Favorite Features

None

Great American Car
By Berge

1994 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and at first I was not very enthused at getting my grandma's 12 y/o car. After looking up on it and driving it I have grown to really love this thing. It's a great looking car, mine is probably in above average shape being only at 70,000 miles. Nonetheless it's been a very dependable car for my grandmother, and i am yet to have a problem with it. Gas mile with the 3.1L V - 6 Could be better at about 17 mpg in city but then again thats in city. Extremely comfortable car, seats are like a couch, and driving position feels great. Radio is really good when pumped up for a stock radio. Ride quality is like a Town Car, smooth. Ride is also very quiet. I love my Buick Centrury.

Favorite Features

Ride, engine, radio, style, dependibility.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission sometimes can't decide when to switch gears. Rear doors are small. Engine bay is set up so its hard to access some things.