1994 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Great Used car
By jada on 03/24/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

Bought this car to drive to work, and its excellent. Gas mileage is terrific, good mileage, comfortable, and very dependable. Looks could be better, but it is an older car. Body has no rust. Is a little small. But I am large. So that doesn't really count. Overall what a garret little car. Well worth purchasing.

One Good Car
By chuckledwith on 12/01/08 13:13 PM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

4th Buick,1st Century. I have no major problems with any of the Buicks I have owned. Just little things that normally go wrong. Looks are OK, but it has gotten me cross country from Seattle to Connecticut twice and with unsurpassed fuel mileage, 23 mpg plus and still above 21 mpg. Car has been paid off for over 8 years now and I am amazed that car makers can't come up with anything better. Guess they don't get it.

General Motors Volvo?
By Angelo on 06/22/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

In my opinion, the early to mid 90's versions of the Buick Century and Oldsmbobile Ciera are the closest thing to a Volvo that any domestic manufacturer has ever produced. These cars were rarely redesigned---but instead, they "evolved" with improvements to the engine/drivetrain, interior and safety features. They were internationally mid sized, 4 star safety rated and generally solid, reliable, understated transportation. Auto writers criticized GM for keeping the same basic design for so many years, but isn't this how Saab, Volvo and other European car makers approach things? The Century is a practical size, reasonably economical and with the 3100 V-6, plenty powerful for most driving.

Avoid this car
By slittle on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was in the shop a lot. In the time we owned it, we spent $2,400 on repairs. We replaced the starter, the alternator, the radiator, and the list goes on and on. It only had 76,577 miles on it when we bought it. It fell apart soon after.

good solid car
By meandyoumom on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1994 century and i love it.

O.K. Car
By Pat069 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandmother and it was okay at first, a basic, bland Hertz Rent-A-car. But I'm glad i got rid of it at the 100,000 mile mark cuz the tranny was going