1994 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Reliable and comfortable
By pucksropper on 06/26/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Great comfortable car to drive very reliable with 140,000. I bought this from the in laws who owned it along time before and no major issues. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheaper reliable car

Buicks foever
By buick lover on 01/15/10 08:12 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Inherititsed this car in 06 with 28000. Always garaged and well maintained. Presently has 69000. Other than a little overnight sitting starting problem.this car is a gem. Having its 60000 tune up this weekend. It's a V6 gets 28mpg highway. I will give this to a nephew or garaged it forever.This puff is staying in the family.Keep up the good work. Interested in the new lacross

Great visibility
By Darlene on 08/11/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1994 Buick Century from my father's estate. I first noticed that the car has excellent visibility so often lacking in newer vehicles. The car is great on the highway because of it's performance, it handles well, and I also appreciate it in the city because my all around visibility is so good. My main concern about the car is that the heat indicator seems to climb while on the highway. I recently had the radiator flushed and was told all was well, but it did not solve the problem of the heat gauge. This makes me nervous for long travel......if this problem could be solved, I would absolutely love this car.

bad car
By reneetori on 04/04/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought it used for $2600.00 in 2007 and it had 6200. Miles on it. The transmission was replaced 2xs! And the gas mileage was really bad. I have always had used cars and this was by far the worst. We had other problems here but to many to mention.

Great American Car
By Berge on 01/31/07 21:49 PM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and at first I was not very enthused at getting my grandma's 12 y/o car. After looking up on it and driving it I have grown to really love this thing. It's a great looking car, mine is probably in above average shape being only at 70,000 miles. Nonetheless it's been a very dependable car for my grandmother, and i am yet to have a problem with it. Gas mile with the 3.1L V - 6 Could be better at about 17 mpg in city but then again thats in city. Extremely comfortable car, seats are like a couch, and driving position feels great. Radio is really good when pumped up for a stock radio. Ride quality is like a Town Car, smooth. Ride is also very quiet. I love my Buick Centrury.

Great Car
By Buickman on 10/10/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Sold the car to my parents with 96,000 miles on it. They drove it for a while,and gave it to me with 113,000 on it. I have owned for 3 years and it has 163,000 on it and drives great. Other than fuel pump around 150,000, it has been a reliable and bulletproof car. Mine has the V6 and gets 29 mpg interstate, and 24 city. Everything still works and it does not have any leaks. Very good quality car.

Great Car!
By MountainGal on 01/07/06 15:32 PM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a second vehicle to get me back and forth to college each day since I am going back to school. I love the car! I find it more fun to drive than my 2002 PT Cruiser and I find it very quick! It moves when I need it to move, that's for sure. I've left quick a few trucks and Jeeps behind which refused to let me out onto the interstate or refused to let me go over into the other lane when I needed to. Granted, it is not a road rocket but it is very quick as well as impressive for its age. I like it! I may keep it and sell the Cruiser. :)

Nice Solid Car
By MAZZ on 11/17/05 09:57 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my son. He loves it. Nice ride, smooth, handling is great. He was lucky to get a 4 cylinder with gas prices the way there are. Great on gas. If you can find one, buy it. Safe for young and old. Solid....

Good Car
By Buicklover on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Has been in the family since it was new. A good reliable 4 cylinder car. My mother loved it and my wife still does. Although it will do long trips, the 4 cylinder is a around town car. Some small repairs expectat at 120k miles, nothing major. Not comfortable for my 6 foot frame but great for my wife at 5 feet. Good gas mileage.

I miss my Buick
By KARed on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 with 55k miles on it. It was my first car. It was one of the most reliable cars I'd ever had. Up until it was killed, I'd only had minor repair work done that included: muffler (it had a hole), transmission lines, hoses, maf sensor, 02 sensor, alternator, battery, and fuel pump. It was killed in a vicious rear-end wreck. There were other minor problems such as one of the window motors needed replacing and the left blinker started giving me some problems, but it never gave me any major engine or tranny problems. But at over a 150k miles, some minor issues are expected. I mourn my car still.