Used 1993 Buick Century Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1993 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Fun On The Track
By DreamSeller

1993 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

The 93 century special that i have aquired has and still is alot of fun to drive around especialy while on the road. this car may be old but the comfort on the road is amazing. and all the upgrades you can get from edlebrock, HKS and many more for this car is acu\tually surprising. with what ive done with it, the car gets about 23-26 MPG. it was done under $3,400. most wont spend this much on a car like this but honestly i belive and know its worth is. i would definatly recomend this to any new drivers that is looking for a new expirience.

Favorite Features

I like the trunk space it has and the larger number of people it can seat. beats driving the old honda. i also enjoyed the radio and audio sound, very good sound(non-modified).

Suggested Improvements

the interior needs to be a bit more secured.

Great bang for your buck
By Conny

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

In 1997, I bought a 1993 Buick Century with 160,000. miles for 2500 dollars. In 2004, the car had 253,000 miles. The six cylinder engine enabled me to buy a cheap high mileage vehicle, drive it for 7 years and put 93,000 additional miles on it. Like the consumer reviews state, the car does have so-so brakes. I must always keep 3 car lengths behind the car in front of me to allow for adequate braking. However the so-so brakes slowed me down and may have contributed to the longevity of my 1993 Buick Century Custom. The trim inside and outside the car does have a tendency to fall off, but who cares about trim. My passenger-side windshield wipers and power windows failed at about 200,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Plush seating capacity for 6 feet tall individuals. I felt the car was designed with me in mind.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are so-so.

Incredibly reliable. I love this car.
By Liz W.

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

This was my first car. I inherited it from my grandfather in 1998 with only 26K miles on it. I drove it from North Carolina to Los Angeles, drove it in L.A. traffic for years, drove to Denver and back, to San Francisco and back countless times, and to Arizona where we lived in the mountains for three years. Now that the car is 12 years old and has 136K miles on it, it has a few minor cosmetic issues, but still runs beautifully. I recently drove it cross country again and it did exactly as it was asked the entire trip. This car has never let me down, never failed to start on the first try (except once when I needed to replace the fuel pump), and overall has been wonderful. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Wood paneling makes for retro style and fold down seats allow lots of cargo.

Suggested Improvements

I've had to replace the fuel filter more often than recommended-- don't know if that's because of something I'm doing, or if it's a foible of this model. No big deal, though.

'93 3.3L Century Custom
By Rachel

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for quite a while. The 3.3L has probably been its saving grace. Now at nearly 13 years old, it's still going. Original motor and transmission at almost 270k miles. No real major repairs save the harmonic balancer pulley and the heater core. It has enjoyed eating alternators in the past 5 or so years-- 3, I believe. And the cruise control stopped working, but would require a new computer and simply would not be worth it at this point. All in all a great car, especially considering how long we've had it and how many miles it's traveled. Will only hope the next car I purchase will be as reliable.

Favorite Features

Pretty decent factory installed stereo system. It has been extremely reliable.

Suggested Improvements

At this point, buy a newer model. :)

1993 Buick Century
By Beegee

1993 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

This car was great for the first 50,000 miles but after that, it seemed to require a great deal of expensive repairs. Too bad, as it's a comfortable, heavy-duty vehicle.

Favorite Features

Size, sturdy construction, interior