1993 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Fun On The Track
By DreamSeller on 10/11/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

The 93 century special that i have aquired has and still is alot of fun to drive around especialy while on the road. this car may be old but the comfort on the road is amazing. and all the upgrades you can get from edlebrock, HKS and many more for this car is acu\tually surprising. with what ive done with it, the car gets about 23-26 MPG. it was done under $3,400. most wont spend this much on a car like this but honestly i belive and know its worth is. i would definatly recomend this to any new drivers that is looking for a new expirience.

Great bang for your buck
By Conny on 02/10/08 06:50 AM (PST)

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

In 1997, I bought a 1993 Buick Century with 160,000. miles for 2500 dollars. In 2004, the car had 253,000 miles. The six cylinder engine enabled me to buy a cheap high mileage vehicle, drive it for 7 years and put 93,000 additional miles on it. Like the consumer reviews state, the car does have so-so brakes. I must always keep 3 car lengths behind the car in front of me to allow for adequate braking. However the so-so brakes slowed me down and may have contributed to the longevity of my 1993 Buick Century Custom. The trim inside and outside the car does have a tendency to fall off, but who cares about trim. My passenger-side windshield wipers and power windows failed at about 200,000 miles.

Incredibly reliable. I love this car.
By Liz W. on 07/23/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

This was my first car. I inherited it from my grandfather in 1998 with only 26K miles on it. I drove it from North Carolina to Los Angeles, drove it in L.A. traffic for years, drove to Denver and back, to San Francisco and back countless times, and to Arizona where we lived in the mountains for three years. Now that the car is 12 years old and has 136K miles on it, it has a few minor cosmetic issues, but still runs beautifully. I recently drove it cross country again and it did exactly as it was asked the entire trip. This car has never let me down, never failed to start on the first try (except once when I needed to replace the fuel pump), and overall has been wonderful. Highly recommended.

'93 3.3L Century Custom
By Rachel on 07/19/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for quite a while. The 3.3L has probably been its saving grace. Now at nearly 13 years old, it's still going. Original motor and transmission at almost 270k miles. No real major repairs save the harmonic balancer pulley and the heater core. It has enjoyed eating alternators in the past 5 or so years-- 3, I believe. And the cruise control stopped working, but would require a new computer and simply would not be worth it at this point. All in all a great car, especially considering how long we've had it and how many miles it's traveled. Will only hope the next car I purchase will be as reliable.

1993 Buick Century
By Beegee on 12/04/04 17:26 PM (PST)

1993 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

This car was great for the first 50,000 miles but after that, it seemed to require a great deal of expensive repairs. Too bad, as it's a comfortable, heavy-duty vehicle.

What a Gem
By flsuec on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Custom 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2 door coupe with its great 3.3 engine, when it was two years old and still have it in 2003. It has been a great car with only expected repairs for a car of it's age. The two door coupe is smart looking and a joy to drive. They should bring back this sporty model.

Buick Century
By tool879 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been a solid and reliable car for the past 2 years. No major problems. I broke the Turn Signal switch once and that was a pain to get repaired. I also just recently had the O2 sensor become disconnected which caused me to get it towed. I didnt know what was wrong, but took my mechanic less than a minute to fix. Other than that its just been the usual maint. with the car.

Nice Reliable Car
By luvmybuick on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

We bought this car 3 years old with 30K miles on it. Great power and handling. Mileage 18-20 with V6. Just put a new tranny in it at 140K miles. This was the only time I have had to call a tow truck with this car. Only other problem has been with sensors. Would have had dealer fix this when I first noticed hesitation if I had any idea... As it is I did not. Ended up replacing numerous sensors (replaced O2 sensor several times) and having various repairs due to sensor gone bad. We're now up to 2 kids. The back seat doesn't allow much room for an infant car seat, so we're going to trade in the Buick on a mini-van.