1992 Buick Century Consumer Review: Very good, reliable vehicle

1992 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Review

Very good, reliable vehicle
By cpcrawford03 on

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from an old lady, she just wanted to get rid of it because she was moving, and I got a great deal. When I purchased it I saw very little rust, but what I did see, became more prominent the longer I drove it. My family lives in Central Illinois, so the salt and other road grime eventually caused the rusting to worsen. That's really my only flaw. I could never find any aftermarket parts designed specifically for the car, but I still loved driving it. Tell you what, that thing drove like a Cadillac, for 1/3 the price. Whenver performing routine maintenance on it, the servicer always said how much the 4cyl. engine could run forever. I loved that car.

The interior, leg and headroom, solid body fabrication, absence of usual blind spots, ride and fit and finish.

The gas mileage (lead sled), other ergonimic improvements (radio and climate controls). I know that this was state-of-the-art in it's time, so take it as you will...