Got my first car for free
By Eric on
1992 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan
After turning 16, I picked this car up from my uncle for free, and he didn't think that it would last for more than a couple months. I ended up ditching it last week for a four-wheel drive, but I hated to abandon the Buick. After replacing the starter and sending unit, I never never had to perform much other maintenance. I ran it up to 200000 miles on the original engine and transmission, still going strong. Some lucky kid picked it up from me for 300 bucks, he got a deal, but I needed money. I probably should have changed the shocks, seeing as though my Uncle hauled wood with it. Highly recommended "first" car.
Favorite Features
The overdrive automatic transmission helped provide power and a deep throaty sound during downshifts. The The 3.3 liter V6 got decent gas mileage for a higher end midsize car. the interior was really comfortable and the controls were all placed well. The stock stereo did a good job.
Suggested Improvements
If it had either cup holders, four wheel drive, or a higher ground clearance I might have kept the car. Too bad.