Used 1992 Buick Century Special Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1992 Buick Century Sedan

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance

1992 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

Favorite Features

Fast V6! BIG TRUNK! Cadillac like styling. Classy and tasteful. Great reliability, cheap repairs. Carries 6! Great friend hauler. Big and unafraid of smaller cars.

Suggested Improvements

Tachometer. Interior color choices. Center console/cup holders. Seat belts out of the doors. Back windows down all the way!? Non-transversal engine, rear wheel drive, manual trans. option. (there is a trans. hump in the cabin) Better performance option. Supercharger from the 3.8?