1992 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
GREAT CAR
By bull_gator on 03/08/12 16:37 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r on 07/01/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance on 07/16/09 01:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

This car has been good to me.
By Spectaman on 10/12/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 for about 2200. I had to do a few repairs at first but after that this car has been very reliable. It does what it is supposed to do, get you to your destination. My only beef which might just be this car is that the heat isn't good when its cold, the air is great when warm.

Got my first car for free
By Eric on 08/12/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

After turning 16, I picked this car up from my uncle for free, and he didn't think that it would last for more than a couple months. I ended up ditching it last week for a four-wheel drive, but I hated to abandon the Buick. After replacing the starter and sending unit, I never never had to perform much other maintenance. I ran it up to 200000 miles on the original engine and transmission, still going strong. Some lucky kid picked it up from me for 300 bucks, he got a deal, but I needed money. I probably should have changed the shocks, seeing as though my Uncle hauled wood with it. Highly recommended "first" car.

Ol' Betsy is still reliable!
By Tim on 05/09/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a friend for $700, and over 50,000 miles later I think I've got my money's worth. The only think I've replaced is a tire. There are no cupholders, the one that is standard will break. My cruise control was out when I brought it but for only city driving it doesn't bother me. Externally, its not much to look at, some rust spots, but internally this thing runs amazing. I expect it will last another 30k miles easily. Great first car for anybody.

Mr
By dwyczalek on 03/06/07 18:18 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car. Purchased when it had 45,000 miles on it drove it until it had 135,000 miles on when my 17 year old daughter totaled it when she pulled left in front of a full size pickup. Didn't get a sratch on her, the car did a lot better in the accident than I expected. Really miss it. It was a great car, great mileage, was very dependable. Had great heat and A/C. I had the 3.3 engine had the power of a V-8. The only major problem I had with it was the crankshaft sensor went out on twice, other than that just performed normal maintenance. Seats still looked new didn't show any wear. I did notice a lot of people complained of no cupholders. It folded into the armrest but broke easily at $30

Very good, reliable vehicle
By cpcrawford03 on 05/07/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from an old lady, she just wanted to get rid of it because she was moving, and I got a great deal. When I purchased it I saw very little rust, but what I did see, became more prominent the longer I drove it. My family lives in Central Illinois, so the salt and other road grime eventually caused the rusting to worsen. That's really my only flaw. I could never find any aftermarket parts designed specifically for the car, but I still loved driving it. Tell you what, that thing drove like a Cadillac, for 1/3 the price. Whenver performing routine maintenance on it, the servicer always said how much the 4cyl. engine could run forever. I loved that car.

Best $300 car ever
By Chad on 01/26/06 23:05 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 77,000 miles on it for $300 and I'm pretty impressed. The outside of mine is kind of trashed and the tires are bad, but the car starts every time and is pretty confortable. Cupholders and seatbelts are annoying as usual, but it's been a good car so far. I never would have bought a Buick, but I needed a temporary car and this one came along. It's no Cadillac, but it gets the job done. Whats with the awful turning radius though?

GOOD CAR
By SLACKER on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS BEEN A GREAT CAR, JUST PASSED 177,000 AND STILL GOIN STRONG. IT HAS ONLY BROKE DOWN TWICE, COOLING FAN AND A SENSER, IT IS MY BACK UP CAR AND IT GETS THE JOB DONE