Used 1992 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

GREAT CAR
By bull_gator

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Seats and wood grain interior

More cup holders

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance

1992 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

Fast V6! BIG TRUNK! Cadillac like styling. Classy and tasteful. Great reliability, cheap repairs. Carries 6! Great friend hauler. Big and unafraid of smaller cars.

Tachometer. Interior color choices. Center console/cup holders. Seat belts out of the doors. Back windows down all the way!? Non-transversal engine, rear wheel drive, manual trans. option. (there is a trans. hump in the cabin) Better performance option. Supercharger from the 3.8?

This car has been good to me.
By Spectaman

1992 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 for about 2200. I had to do a few repairs at first but after that this car has been very reliable. It does what it is supposed to do, get you to your destination. My only beef which might just be this car is that the heat isn't good when its cold, the air is great when warm.

Always starts right up, smooth ride.

Like others said, the seat belt can get caught when you close thedoor and you come back to open car.

Got my first car for free
By Eric

1992 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

After turning 16, I picked this car up from my uncle for free, and he didn't think that it would last for more than a couple months. I ended up ditching it last week for a four-wheel drive, but I hated to abandon the Buick. After replacing the starter and sending unit, I never never had to perform much other maintenance. I ran it up to 200000 miles on the original engine and transmission, still going strong. Some lucky kid picked it up from me for 300 bucks, he got a deal, but I needed money. I probably should have changed the shocks, seeing as though my Uncle hauled wood with it. Highly recommended "first" car.

The overdrive automatic transmission helped provide power and a deep throaty sound during downshifts. The The 3.3 liter V6 got decent gas mileage for a higher end midsize car. the interior was really comfortable and the controls were all placed well. The stock stereo did a good job.

If it had either cup holders, four wheel drive, or a higher ground clearance I might have kept the car. Too bad.