Used 1992 Buick Century Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1992 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

GREAT CAR
By bull_gator

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Favorite Features

Seats and wood grain interior

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders

Ol' Betsy is still reliable!
By Tim

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a friend for $700, and over 50,000 miles later I think I've got my money's worth. The only think I've replaced is a tire. There are no cupholders, the one that is standard will break. My cruise control was out when I brought it but for only city driving it doesn't bother me. Externally, its not much to look at, some rust spots, but internally this thing runs amazing. I expect it will last another 30k miles easily. Great first car for anybody.

Favorite Features

Very spacious in the front seats, good handling, large trunk space, cheap tires

Suggested Improvements

The backseat is not fun to ride in for anyone somewhat tall. My hood cable needs to be replaced, the light covers for the front turn signals are gone, as they are on a lot of other Buicks.

Mr
By dwyczalek

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car. Purchased when it had 45,000 miles on it drove it until it had 135,000 miles on when my 17 year old daughter totaled it when she pulled left in front of a full size pickup. Didn't get a sratch on her, the car did a lot better in the accident than I expected. Really miss it. It was a great car, great mileage, was very dependable. Had great heat and A/C. I had the 3.3 engine had the power of a V-8. The only major problem I had with it was the crankshaft sensor went out on twice, other than that just performed normal maintenance. Seats still looked new didn't show any wear. I did notice a lot of people complained of no cupholders. It folded into the armrest but broke easily at $30

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, heat and A/C

Suggested Improvements

I also didn't like the idea of the seatbelts in the door either. Yes the automatic locking of the door and no automatic door unlock was a pain. Needed a better designed cupholder, and also had both front seatbelt buckles loose there plastic covers and was a pain to get buckled, new ones $50ea no recall

Very good, reliable vehicle
By cpcrawford03

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from an old lady, she just wanted to get rid of it because she was moving, and I got a great deal. When I purchased it I saw very little rust, but what I did see, became more prominent the longer I drove it. My family lives in Central Illinois, so the salt and other road grime eventually caused the rusting to worsen. That's really my only flaw. I could never find any aftermarket parts designed specifically for the car, but I still loved driving it. Tell you what, that thing drove like a Cadillac, for 1/3 the price. Whenver performing routine maintenance on it, the servicer always said how much the 4cyl. engine could run forever. I loved that car.

Favorite Features

The interior, leg and headroom, solid body fabrication, absence of usual blind spots, ride and fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage (lead sled), other ergonimic improvements (radio and climate controls). I know that this was state-of-the-art in it's time, so take it as you will...