1992 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
GREAT CAR
By bull_gator on 03/08/12 16:37 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r on 07/01/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Ol' Betsy is still reliable!
By Tim on 05/09/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a friend for $700, and over 50,000 miles later I think I've got my money's worth. The only think I've replaced is a tire. There are no cupholders, the one that is standard will break. My cruise control was out when I brought it but for only city driving it doesn't bother me. Externally, its not much to look at, some rust spots, but internally this thing runs amazing. I expect it will last another 30k miles easily. Great first car for anybody.

Mr
By dwyczalek on 03/06/07 18:18 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car. Purchased when it had 45,000 miles on it drove it until it had 135,000 miles on when my 17 year old daughter totaled it when she pulled left in front of a full size pickup. Didn't get a sratch on her, the car did a lot better in the accident than I expected. Really miss it. It was a great car, great mileage, was very dependable. Had great heat and A/C. I had the 3.3 engine had the power of a V-8. The only major problem I had with it was the crankshaft sensor went out on twice, other than that just performed normal maintenance. Seats still looked new didn't show any wear. I did notice a lot of people complained of no cupholders. It folded into the armrest but broke easily at $30

Very good, reliable vehicle
By cpcrawford03 on 05/07/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from an old lady, she just wanted to get rid of it because she was moving, and I got a great deal. When I purchased it I saw very little rust, but what I did see, became more prominent the longer I drove it. My family lives in Central Illinois, so the salt and other road grime eventually caused the rusting to worsen. That's really my only flaw. I could never find any aftermarket parts designed specifically for the car, but I still loved driving it. Tell you what, that thing drove like a Cadillac, for 1/3 the price. Whenver performing routine maintenance on it, the servicer always said how much the 4cyl. engine could run forever. I loved that car.

Best $300 car ever
By Chad on 01/26/06 23:05 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 77,000 miles on it for $300 and I'm pretty impressed. The outside of mine is kind of trashed and the tires are bad, but the car starts every time and is pretty confortable. Cupholders and seatbelts are annoying as usual, but it's been a good car so far. I never would have bought a Buick, but I needed a temporary car and this one came along. It's no Cadillac, but it gets the job done. Whats with the awful turning radius though?

GOOD CAR
By SLACKER on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS BEEN A GREAT CAR, JUST PASSED 177,000 AND STILL GOIN STRONG. IT HAS ONLY BROKE DOWN TWICE, COOLING FAN AND A SENSER, IT IS MY BACK UP CAR AND IT GETS THE JOB DONE

Not too shabby
By Jaya on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I like this vehicle, and it's very comfortable. The problem is that I keep closing the door on the seatbelt which is attached to the doors. There is also no cupholders. Overall, it's a great car. It drives smoothly, there's powerseat, and everything else is just fine. The car is roomy, and the trunk is very big.

Overdrive and Cup Holders
By Columbo on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I really like the car in general. Most everything works and feels right. My only knock against them(or at least the one I have) is the fact that there is absolutely no engine braking whatesoever, and if I drive it on Drive instead of Overdrive, it give a jerking motion everytime I give it gas or release the gas pedal. Overdrive really bad on winter roads And the fact that it does not come with cup holders or any options as to where one could be installed. May sound petty but is very much a nescessity Gas mileage is great, comfort is great, controls are great, mechanicly great.

Can Consumer Reports Really Review ??
By v946916 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Consumer reports would have had me buy a Ford Taurus. I recently rented a 2002 Taurus that I would not trade for my Buick with 105000 mile on it. After upgrading the tires to 75X195, the car handles very well. The transmission is smooth, comfortable ride,Much better than my a 95 Caprice Classic. I bought with 7000 miles on it in 95. It has seen over 25 trips from upstate ny to Cape Cod, and 7 years of small children in the back seat. The interior looks new, and its still a very comforable car. If you are looking at a ford taurus, check out the buick century, unless you enjoy jerking transmissions and trips to the dealer.