1992 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
GREAT CAR
By bull_gator on 03/08/12 16:37 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r on 07/01/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance on 07/16/09 01:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

She deserves a good review!
By Chris Parker on 12/28/08 08:50 AM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

I love this car! I bought it 8 years ago with 95K on it. Now it has about 145K. I hated the faux wood paneling from the get-go but how can you not love these cars. They are so reliable and costs so little to maintain. Other than the usual brakes and exhaust work that is always needed, this car has asked for nothing and has always been there for me. She has always been a 2nd car, but when I bought the 1995 Mercury Sable because it looked nicer (moon roof and all)it was "Woody" who came to my rescue when the Sable was continually in the shop. (That was a total piece of junk!) I would keep the Buick till she dies if it were not for the electric windows finally stopping.

This car has been good to me.
By Spectaman on 10/12/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 for about 2200. I had to do a few repairs at first but after that this car has been very reliable. It does what it is supposed to do, get you to your destination. My only beef which might just be this car is that the heat isn't good when its cold, the air is great when warm.

Got my first car for free
By Eric on 08/12/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

After turning 16, I picked this car up from my uncle for free, and he didn't think that it would last for more than a couple months. I ended up ditching it last week for a four-wheel drive, but I hated to abandon the Buick. After replacing the starter and sending unit, I never never had to perform much other maintenance. I ran it up to 200000 miles on the original engine and transmission, still going strong. Some lucky kid picked it up from me for 300 bucks, he got a deal, but I needed money. I probably should have changed the shocks, seeing as though my Uncle hauled wood with it. Highly recommended "first" car.

The oldie but goodie
By mikey on 08/04/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

I purchased a 1992 Century form along side the road from a little elder lady in 2007. It had 76,000 miles on it, I was like what a find. It had the opitinal 3.3liter v6 though that was a smart choice in my book. I had the car for about 4 months. I then turned the car over to my mother she loves the thing. It made the road trip to PA from South Carolina in 10hrs at aprox. 85 miles an hour the whole way never missed a beat the whole way. You should have seen the looks you get when you pass the BMW's on the interstate. Over all she has gotten it to 116,000 miles no probs. Great for $900

Ol' Betsy is still reliable!
By Tim on 05/09/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a friend for $700, and over 50,000 miles later I think I've got my money's worth. The only think I've replaced is a tire. There are no cupholders, the one that is standard will break. My cruise control was out when I brought it but for only city driving it doesn't bother me. Externally, its not much to look at, some rust spots, but internally this thing runs amazing. I expect it will last another 30k miles easily. Great first car for anybody.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Chris on 09/23/07 22:22 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

Well, I bought her 5 years ago when she had 92,000 miles. I paid $700. for her. I hated the fake wood trim but I trusted that I would get my money's worth. She only has 130,000 now but she will need to retire soon as the body is looking rough and repairs are finally starting. I am sure her engine and transmission would go to 200,000. Unlike the Mercury Sable I bought 2 years, this Buick has been a blessing in snow and in repairs. Other than routine maintenance, nothing has gone wrong.(The Sable looks nicer but is a piece of junk and at 130,000 miles, the engine is about to go!) I wish Buick was still making these little wagons. I love them!

Mr
By dwyczalek on 03/06/07 18:18 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car. Purchased when it had 45,000 miles on it drove it until it had 135,000 miles on when my 17 year old daughter totaled it when she pulled left in front of a full size pickup. Didn't get a sratch on her, the car did a lot better in the accident than I expected. Really miss it. It was a great car, great mileage, was very dependable. Had great heat and A/C. I had the 3.3 engine had the power of a V-8. The only major problem I had with it was the crankshaft sensor went out on twice, other than that just performed normal maintenance. Seats still looked new didn't show any wear. I did notice a lot of people complained of no cupholders. It folded into the armrest but broke easily at $30