Used 1992 Buick Century Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

GREAT CAR
By bull_gator

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Seats and wood grain interior

More cup holders

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance

1992 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

Fast V6! BIG TRUNK! Cadillac like styling. Classy and tasteful. Great reliability, cheap repairs. Carries 6! Great friend hauler. Big and unafraid of smaller cars.

Tachometer. Interior color choices. Center console/cup holders. Seat belts out of the doors. Back windows down all the way!? Non-transversal engine, rear wheel drive, manual trans. option. (there is a trans. hump in the cabin) Better performance option. Supercharger from the 3.8?

She deserves a good review!
By Chris Parker

1992 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

I love this car! I bought it 8 years ago with 95K on it. Now it has about 145K. I hated the faux wood paneling from the get-go but how can you not love these cars. They are so reliable and costs so little to maintain. Other than the usual brakes and exhaust work that is always needed, this car has asked for nothing and has always been there for me. She has always been a 2nd car, but when I bought the 1995 Mercury Sable because it looked nicer (moon roof and all)it was "Woody" who came to my rescue when the Sable was continually in the shop. (That was a total piece of junk!) I would keep the Buick till she dies if it were not for the electric windows finally stopping.

Engine and transmission - never gave me a problem.

Wish they had made these with crank windows and a cup holder would have been nice. They added cup holder on newer models. (I don't know about the windows.)

This car has been good to me.
By Spectaman

1992 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2003 for about 2200. I had to do a few repairs at first but after that this car has been very reliable. It does what it is supposed to do, get you to your destination. My only beef which might just be this car is that the heat isn't good when its cold, the air is great when warm.

Always starts right up, smooth ride.

Like others said, the seat belt can get caught when you close thedoor and you come back to open car.