Used 1991 Buick Century Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Good First Time Car
By Schmidty

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first (and so far only) car my sophomore year of high school. Bought at $600 and since then have put on new tires, starter, water pump and only one major repair over $100. Have only put about 9,000 mile son it, and I just creeped over 103,000 about 2 weeks ago. It's been a great car, gets me where I need it, the air still works beautifully, and it has some pick-up too with the 3.3 V6 automatic. I'm in the process of doing a mileage test but I usually only fill up every 2-3 weeks depending on how much I drive around. Well built car for a first ride.

I like the power. I just recently drove down to a nearby lake where I really got to test it's ability with hills, it was great.

The suspension feels a bit wobbly at times, and especially around turns but that could be a personal issue too.

Best car I ever had!
By R Peters

1991 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

When I needed to buy a car in a hurry, a mechanic friend recommended this car which was being sold by the owner's estate. In over ten years of driving, it cost less than $1000 in repairs. When the car died in an accident, the motor and transmission were still excellent with over 350000kms (about 220000 miles) on the odometer. It made several trips through the Canadian Rockies and BC mountains towing my 14ft fibreglass trailer without a problem. In over forty years of driving this was the best car I owned for perfomance, reliability and value.

Very smooth ride; a cup of coffee sitting on the dash would not move during the ride. It had enough power with the V6 3.1 litre to maintain speed on steep mountain highways.

With old age the body was starting to rust severely, but no more than other cars in our climate.

Underdog
By joesdragons

1991 Buick Century Limited 4dr Wagon

I would recommend this car to anyone. Being that it is a wagon i wasn't willing to give it a chance at first but the car truly caught me by surprise and won me over. great power when you need and great gas mileage to match makes this car a diamond in the rough. its lacks in the looks department but nobody needs a beauty queen to go to drive-in.

At 17 years old the car is past the improvement stage although the seat belts aren't exactly safe but thats about all that needs work

What a Nice Surprise
By Ryan

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

When we bought this car I thought, here we go, a granny car that eats gas and will hardly get up and go, but was I wrong. We bought this car with 65K miles on it and have 34k since and it has been wonderful. 20mpg city and an amazing 29 hwy! If I had known was I was getting I may have paid more for it! All I can say is I hope the new Buicks are just as reliable and comfortable to drive!

Cruise Control, Ride & Fuel Economy!

A way to adjust passenger side mirror.

terrible problems since I got it
By babygoth

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a co-worker with 30000 miles on it, now it only has 60k on it and already had to replace the alternator 3 times, battery, computer, struts and CB joints are going.