1991 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Good First Time Car
By Schmidty on 05/10/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first (and so far only) car my sophomore year of high school. Bought at $600 and since then have put on new tires, starter, water pump and only one major repair over $100. Have only put about 9,000 mile son it, and I just creeped over 103,000 about 2 weeks ago. It's been a great car, gets me where I need it, the air still works beautifully, and it has some pick-up too with the 3.3 V6 automatic. I'm in the process of doing a mileage test but I usually only fill up every 2-3 weeks depending on how much I drive around. Well built car for a first ride.

Best car I ever had!
By R Peters on 03/25/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

When I needed to buy a car in a hurry, a mechanic friend recommended this car which was being sold by the owner's estate. In over ten years of driving, it cost less than $1000 in repairs. When the car died in an accident, the motor and transmission were still excellent with over 350000kms (about 220000 miles) on the odometer. It made several trips through the Canadian Rockies and BC mountains towing my 14ft fibreglass trailer without a problem. In over forty years of driving this was the best car I owned for perfomance, reliability and value.

Underdog
By joesdragons on 12/31/07 20:54 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Century Limited 4dr Wagon

I would recommend this car to anyone. Being that it is a wagon i wasn't willing to give it a chance at first but the car truly caught me by surprise and won me over. great power when you need and great gas mileage to match makes this car a diamond in the rough. its lacks in the looks department but nobody needs a beauty queen to go to drive-in.

What a Nice Surprise
By Ryan on 12/11/04 13:53 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

When we bought this car I thought, here we go, a granny car that eats gas and will hardly get up and go, but was I wrong. We bought this car with 65K miles on it and have 34k since and it has been wonderful. 20mpg city and an amazing 29 hwy! If I had known was I was getting I may have paid more for it! All I can say is I hope the new Buicks are just as reliable and comfortable to drive!

terrible problems since I got it
By babygoth on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a co-worker with 30000 miles on it, now it only has 60k on it and already had to replace the alternator 3 times, battery, computer, struts and CB joints are going.

Great Buick Century
By jimbos54 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1996 with 51000 miles on it. During the 7 years that I have owned this car there has been very few problems with it. The only major problem was the AC compressor went out at about 85,000 miles. There have been only minor things like the fan motor and has the power steering pump replaced at 90,000 miles. However, outside of that there has been only routine upkeep and maintaince done. This car still has great power when needed from the 3.3L 6 cylinder even after 113,000 miles.

No I wouldn't really rather have a Buick
By Donna6263 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car brand new in 91'. While still under warranty(thank goodntess) they had to have 2or3 of the fuel injectors replaced and a fuel pump replaced twice.Sold bought it from my parents @68,000. Have had to replace 2 more fuel injectors, computer(twice), several sensors, TCC selenoid,(car will still stall or start bucking at low speeds for no reason)water pump(3 times).This car has always been serviced by the dealer it was bought from, maybe we just got the lemon!!

THE BEST OF THE BEST
By yannie on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

bOUGHT NEW IN 1991 16000 DOLLARS,HAS A V6 3300 engine. One set of tires, brakes three times, one control valve, a frayed wire to fuel pump,alternator and fuel pump. This car has been the best,it out performs any other car Iv'e ever had

the best
By mert /sewer on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

low upkeep repairs at a minuim fast on the picup 3300ltr v6 the new one can't hold a candle to this one