Used 1990 Buick Century Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

1990 Buick Century Sedan

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Can,t let it go!
By bob

1990 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased this in 2005 with 63000 miles for $1500( It had barely been out of the garage, old folks car ). I have put a total of $1000 into the car and it now has 142,000 miles. It gets 30mpg all the time and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I go for 5,000 miles between oil changes. I have another good deal in the waiting but I am hesitant because I think this car has a lot of miles left on it( by the way it is a Buick ). This thing is the fantasy of why we buy new cars, that they will last forever. The car has the 3300 engine and if it sounds like a can't shut up then you are reading this message. I would recommend a Buick in a minute just for the engine reliability.

Not exactly a cream puff
By grandmaCar

1990 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandmother back in 2001. When I received it, it had 30,000 original miles. I was thinking great, "Great, I should be able to get 70,000 miles on this car without too much trouble." Boy was I wrong. I just sold it for 500 bucks, with 80,000 on the odometer. I just got sick of it after putting over $2000 maintenance dollars into it over past four years. Components just kept on breaking, like the AC parts, the radiator, a brake caliper siezed due to a poor brake hoses, the exhaust rusted, the transmission required a $300 repair, water pump, alternator, battery, crank angle sensor, ignition control module...the list goes on.

Favorite Features

The actual engine seems strong...just every thing else is poor GM crap.

Suggested Improvements

Better design and engineering. GM certainly has a long way to go to catch up with the Japanese. (I actually replaced the buick with a Civic which has more miles... 144k...but is much more reliable.

review
By dd013943

1990 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

great car that i have had for a while. rust was a factor--but the seats were comfortable.

Favorite Features

map light

real cherry
By greek

1990 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

bought this from original owner to make an upgrade on 2000 dodge caravan without spending much to boot.

Favorite Features

everything is a-1,only 21000 original miles on in 13 years.

Suggested Improvements

one quarter inch ding on left read door under window..