1990 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Can,t let it go!
By bob on 07/26/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased this in 2005 with 63000 miles for $1500( It had barely been out of the garage, old folks car ). I have put a total of $1000 into the car and it now has 142,000 miles. It gets 30mpg all the time and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I go for 5,000 miles between oil changes. I have another good deal in the waiting but I am hesitant because I think this car has a lot of miles left on it( by the way it is a Buick ). This thing is the fantasy of why we buy new cars, that they will last forever. The car has the 3300 engine and if it sounds like a can't shut up then you are reading this message. I would recommend a Buick in a minute just for the engine reliability.

Not exactly a cream puff
By grandmaCar on 07/28/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandmother back in 2001. When I received it, it had 30,000 original miles. I was thinking great, "Great, I should be able to get 70,000 miles on this car without too much trouble." Boy was I wrong. I just sold it for 500 bucks, with 80,000 on the odometer. I just got sick of it after putting over $2000 maintenance dollars into it over past four years. Components just kept on breaking, like the AC parts, the radiator, a brake caliper siezed due to a poor brake hoses, the exhaust rusted, the transmission required a $300 repair, water pump, alternator, battery, crank angle sensor, ignition control module...the list goes on.

review
By dd013943 on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

great car that i have had for a while. rust was a factor--but the seats were comfortable.

real cherry
By greek on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

bought this from original owner to make an upgrade on 2000 dodge caravan without spending much to boot.