1990 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
WOW!!
By buickman9290 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I origanly had a 92 Buick Century 4 dr. I cracked the raidatior didn't know over heated it. Then everyone thought i blew it up but i ended up driving it for 8 1/2 months after wit a rod knocking it had 149670 on it when i let her go it was the best dependable car i had till that time. Then i bought a 1990 Buick century 4 dr custom it had the 3300. Got it back in feb. she had 139000 on her when i got it. She now has 147258 on her and ill be darn if i cant kill her. The power is great, handles like a dream, its all i have owend sience i was 16. the body is a lil rough on it but she is in great running condition. every thing on the motor is in great shape all working great the only thing i have

Can,t let it go!
By bob on 07/26/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased this in 2005 with 63000 miles for $1500( It had barely been out of the garage, old folks car ). I have put a total of $1000 into the car and it now has 142,000 miles. It gets 30mpg all the time and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I go for 5,000 miles between oil changes. I have another good deal in the waiting but I am hesitant because I think this car has a lot of miles left on it( by the way it is a Buick ). This thing is the fantasy of why we buy new cars, that they will last forever. The car has the 3300 engine and if it sounds like a can't shut up then you are reading this message. I would recommend a Buick in a minute just for the engine reliability.

Just keeps going
By jjf on 02/07/09 19:47 PM (PST)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I was given this car 2 years ago as a full-time student. It looks like a broken down rust bucket, but keeps on driving. At 174,000 miles, I have no complaints about this vehicle. It breaks the stereotype of of poorly built GM cars. The engine is an unstoppable workhorse. Lots of rust, I have seen others around with the same faded beige and same rust spots. Fuel efficiency is not as good as the 29 mpg highway when it was new. Poor turn radius; sometimes difficult to park If this car doesn't rust away, I might get another 100,000 miles out of the engine. I would consider another Buick (even though it's an old man's car.)

Sweet ride
By wagon on 05/22/07 00:39 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

This car has it all. Wood paneling design, classic tape deck/radio, cup holder arm rest, reverse seat in the back, spoiler, ski/luggage rack on top, power everything. Unbelievably reliable, nothing beyond basic maintenance for a 17 year old car (oil changes, just got new tires, occasionally topping off the fluids). Couldn't ask for more

Not exactly a cream puff
By grandmaCar on 07/28/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandmother back in 2001. When I received it, it had 30,000 original miles. I was thinking great, "Great, I should be able to get 70,000 miles on this car without too much trouble." Boy was I wrong. I just sold it for 500 bucks, with 80,000 on the odometer. I just got sick of it after putting over $2000 maintenance dollars into it over past four years. Components just kept on breaking, like the AC parts, the radiator, a brake caliper siezed due to a poor brake hoses, the exhaust rusted, the transmission required a $300 repair, water pump, alternator, battery, crank angle sensor, ignition control module...the list goes on.

review
By dd013943 on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

great car that i have had for a while. rust was a factor--but the seats were comfortable.

A Real Trooper
By Davis on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I now have 256,000+ miles on my Century. It still has the original engine/transmission. This car is very solid and dependable.The last trip I made I got 30.2 MPG. I get about 20-22 around town. Change the oil regularly too. A Buick dealer could not believe the mileage on the car and that this was the original engine. I told him that that is exactly what is wrong with the American attitude- as he was shocked that the car could last so long, and be in the shape that it is.Would he be shocked if it was a Honda, BMW, etc? Probably not.It looks like a fairly old car, but the body integrity is solid, with no dings, dents. All in all a wonderful car.

real cherry
By greek on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan

bought this from original owner to make an upgrade on 2000 dodge caravan without spending much to boot.

never had a buick
By mark11112 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

hey i just pick up for 2 grand. it has the 3.3 motor in, boy buick did a good job, plus i bought off and old guy, the paint still good plus the car only has 69000. even the a\c work, the only thing i did was put new tires on it. see you on the highway( if u can keep up!!

320K miles & STILL purring like a kitten
By Tmansfield on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Buick Century Custom 4dr Wagon

I purchased the car as a high school student in 1994 with 120K miles on it. It now has a whopping 320,000 miles on it (equivalent to driving to the moon and half way back) and I can't sing it's praises enough. The only major mechanical problem - I had to replace the transmission at 275K miles but that's it. I call it my wonder wagon, and I'm hoping to hit 400,000 miles!