2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cascada model:

Lacking features.
By eugene koenig

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Does not have blind spot monitoring sensors - a must when driving with top up. Where is the Home Link system for opening garage doors? Navigation screen is tiny and very hard to read. My Garmin is better. Gas mileage sucks. But it is a fun car.

A great looker
By Tom in Pittsburgh

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In Pittsburgh the convertible market is not a booming market, so the selection of exterior, interior colors and wheel types were very limited. I ordered our Buick Cascada in the beginning of March, and received it at the end of May (three months delivery time). I enjoy driving the car more and more each day. It is quite and the ride is smooth on good roads, a bit bumpy on uneven roads (sport suspension). Our roads are hilly and windy here in Pittsburgh, but the Cascada handles the road exceptionally well. Seat and steering wheel adjustments are very accommodating. Initially I was concerned about the rear view visibility and the enclosed feeling with the roof up, but have no problems. The curvature of the two side mirrors is such that half of the lane behind me is visible in each of the side mirrors. Although the rear window is small, and is at an angle that reduce the visibility even more, between the rearwiew mirror and the two side mirrors visibility is pretty good. I have always had cars with sun roofs or panoramic roofs, so I was not sure how a solid black roof over my head will feel. I guess because of the huge wind shield and all the surrounding glass, there is absolutely no enclosed feeling. The trunk is small with the roof down, but that was expected with a convertible. It is a good size with the roof up except for the trunk opening. I am not a golfer, but I do not think that a golf bag would fit through the opening; of course there is always the back seat. In other reviews there have been a lot of comments about outdated dash, and too many buttons. True, there are a lot of buttons, but most of them are duplicates of the touch screen buttons. Just have to get used to when to use which button, touch screen or dash. I particularly like the "Destination" button on the dash, it eliminates going through several menu selections for selecting destination. The other feature that I like is that you can have the navigation displayed on the small screen between the speedometer and the tachometer, leaving the main display for other things, radio, CD music track and the like. It is cleverly designed, in addition to the voice instructions the direction of the next turn is displayed as an arrow and there is a progress bar that gets smaller as you approach the turn, very good. There are numerous technological features on the Cascada that you have to pay extra for with other cars. Blind spot monitoring is not included, but there is parking assist, lane departure warning, collision prevention warning, back up camara, road following headlights, cornering lights and several other safety and convenience features. Some reviewers had issues with the collision prevention, parking assist warning and low resolution back up camera. Both of the assists worked as intended for me; I just have to remember to turn off the parking assist before going through a car wash. As for the low resolution back up camera, let's be realistic, if it shows and alerts the driver that there is an object behind the car that could possibly be hit it did it's job, hi-res is great watching movies, but a pavement?? I have had several convertibles, and they all leaked going through car washes. Now granted, cars are better built nowadays, and car washes came along way in improving how they clean a car, but my the Buick Cascada does not leak. In my opinion it is a very attractive car with the top up or with the top down. Acceleration is exceptionally good considering the weight of the car and the engine size, yes there is room for improvement, but remember you get a lot for what you spend. So far I am very pleased with my Buick Cascada. If my review is still up on the website by the time we get snow here in Pittsburgh, I will update the review on how the Cascada handles winter driving on hilly windy roads and on cold temperatures features, heater, defogger, heated steering wheel and the like.

Love it!
By Louanne Jacobs

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned 4 Chrysler Sebrings. Last one was a hard top. This one is more elegant and quieter than the hard top.

Great car once it meets potential
By Joe A.

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Went to learn about cascada and test drive at Buick near me. Showroom car looked beautiful in and out. I wanted to see the trunk but it couldnn't be opened by anyone in the dealership. Trunk has no keyhole (does not use a key to open) or open lever or switch inside the car, the only way to open is to press a plate on trunk hood. Problem, is that the battery was dead and that wouldn't work! Disappointed the driver seat has no memory! More consideration for back seat passenger as seat stops if knees are hit. Problem is that I don't ever have passengers in the back seat. Fake alarm system above front windshield. Was told 2017 will bring an alarm sensor for when the top is down. Liked that however Started think I should wait for next model. Hands free microphone worked ok with top down. Radio speaker quality is very poor. Top went up and down amazingly. Not having to use latches to lock the top is a great feature. Premium accessories include a windbreaker that has to be manually attached each time to avoid draft on driver/ front passenger bak and same for back seat. Didn't like the sound of that. I didn't test it though. Really enjoyed the ride. Acceleration is "underwhelming" in that the downshift is slow even though it did pick up speed better than expected. Overall, I really want this car! This could very well be my next car and first convertible. But I will wait for next year's model with improvements I hope will make me want to drive right out of the show room as soon as possible.

terrible hard seats
By mike

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

seats are comfortable for the first ten minutes. had car month and a half , cant dive because tghe seat recks my back