2002 BMW Z8 Consumer Review: WonderCar

2002 BMW Z8 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (4.9L V8 6-speed Manual)

WonderCar
By SM on

2002 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned over 50 cars in my life, including some top flight iron. None has ever been the true combination of quality, style, power and fun-to-drive that the Z8 has been. I remember why I bought the car every time I take it out. Absolutely wonderful ride! I get thumbs up, stares and comments whenever I take her out. Great fit and finish, no mechanical problems and my BMW tech's have been wonderful to deal with. The best service anywhere! Gas mileage is OK, essentially 20mpg on the highway and mid-teens around town. I really love this car, but know someday I'll get the bug for something else and then may have to sell/trade the car. They are becoming harder and harder to find.

Combination of power, handling, road feel and sporty comfort. Fit and finish. Retro-modern styling. Quality materials. Ease of use. All the looks and comments!

Kinda' late now, but... glass rear window. Either improve nav or get rid of it. Exchange run-flats for improved sport rubber. Needs 12V socket near dash for radar.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review