2002 BMW Z8 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
WonderCar
By SM on 03/20/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned over 50 cars in my life, including some top flight iron. None has ever been the true combination of quality, style, power and fun-to-drive that the Z8 has been. I remember why I bought the car every time I take it out. Absolutely wonderful ride! I get thumbs up, stares and comments whenever I take her out. Great fit and finish, no mechanical problems and my BMW tech's have been wonderful to deal with. The best service anywhere! Gas mileage is OK, essentially 20mpg on the highway and mid-teens around town. I really love this car, but know someday I'll get the bug for something else and then may have to sell/trade the car. They are becoming harder and harder to find.

great car
By uokgkkl on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

the z8 is a prefact car!!!!!!!!!! it beats anyother car in the world in other words its the best car in the world

not too flashy!! just performance.
By el mauro on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

so much power, but the ride feel like feather, just imagine a motorcycle with four wheels !! it is a clasic, from any angle the finishing touches make it so unique, can't go wrong with this car!!

a magnificent vehicle
By Maddy on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not just a vehicle, but a extreme thrill riding machine. The performance on the bmw z8 is terrific, swerving around corners, and providing your body with an amazing adrenaline rush every time you slide into this piece of art.

Z8 Review
By Earthcom on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Car is fabulous. I have had Ferraris, Porches, Vipers, Shelby. This is the best.

Not To Fast
By FerrariLova on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Fun, but gets very boring, not very fast compared to my 550, original in style though, thats what attracted me to buy it.

Exotic but sane
By zetnensch on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

After 6,000 miles the Z8 still amazes me. While its more GT than racer, its cornering and acceleration are fantastic. While it feels big to drive, it autocrossed wonderfully. The big stress is always where to park it so it won't get dinged by some Bozo. My 20 something childrens' friends, (and almost everyone else), begs for rides. Anonymous, its not.

Z8 ROCKS
By Blabo on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

THE Z8 ROCKS!!! IT IS A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, FAST, AMAZING VEHICLE. TOO BAD THERE IS NO SECOND GENERATION VERSION

BMWZ8
By Ghostridergr1 on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

An excellent engine and a really fun to drive car

Z8 is hands down the best roadster ever!
By mezorn26 on 03/01/02 18:28 PM (PST)

2002 BMW Z8 Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This car peforms like a Ferrari.....but feels like a true German sports car.....I have driven Ferraris, Porsche, Lamborghinis, and I have never recieved more stares, and compliments.........I would only recomend this car if you can use it as a secondary car...........I also have a BMW X5....