2001 BMW Z8 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
They don't make them like this anymore
By twosmalltowns on 02/29/12 11:08 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This is a fabulous car: exciting to drive, fels great. Just don't expect to get out of the gas station too quickly - people are always coming over to stare and chat. I have had people wave me down on the street to stop so they could photograph it. Awesome car.

Hottest car ever built
By boatracer81 on 10/11/06 22:21 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This is the hottest car on the road. I traded my porsche turbo for the Z8 and it is far superior. The car will smoke the tires off in 1st gear. It handles like a dream and everywhere I go people love it. The stereo is the best stock stereo I ever heard. It is very clean and clear at all volumes. It has an electric top which is great and a removable hard top. The V8 engine puts out just under 400hp and it feels like more. I recommend this car to any car guy as this is the ultimate sports car for the money. The real deal is behind the wheel - it's like a cross between the old Jaguar XKE V-12 and a Shelby roadster, only this is better. All I can say if you can find one, buy it.

BMW Z8
By Barry Knispel on 10/27/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

The retro design is fantastic- The interior leathers are soft and always have that new car smell. The navigation map is small therefore the direction are only arrows and voice, this is ok but I happen to like a map on my nav. system The dashboard is also retro and great looking. The power is awesome for a 4.9L .The sound of the exhaust is low and second to none.

impossible to give up
By uber ich on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

I think I'll keep this car forever! I am planning on getting a Vanquish and every time I drive it to the dealer for the trade-in, I turn around.

Driver Heaven
By joneshume on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

This is a most awesome machine, finely tuned, the penultimate BMW achievement. Comfortable interior belies the power under the hood. Don't make the mistake of pushing the "sport" button unless you're prepared for the extraordinary surge in power and control "freedom" that ensues. Don't get this vehicle (if you can find one) unless you don't mind constant attention and admiring looks from bystanders and other drivers.

Dream Car
By Hamer on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Recently purchased a used 2001 Z8 with less than 300 miles of actual driven miles. I now am looking for a longer route to and from work to be able to enjoy more driving time.

Z Acht
By Routineer on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Benchmark combination of performance and styling, with BMW reliability.

A sweet year
By BMW-TER on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW Z8 2dr Roadster (4.9L 8cyl 6M)

Can it be a whole year has past since I traded my much loved M3 for the Z8? I still miss the M3 - it was greatly loved, but what a replacement. I've found myself in the garage sitting on the workbench just staring at the car. I couldn't begin to list all the comments I've received on the car. Then there is the driving experience, but frankly, that is to be expected - it is the BMW flagship.