2009 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Eye Catch

2009 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

sDrive30i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Eye Catcher Plus!
By Criticfilm on

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive30i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a convertible, never enjoyed softtops. Always loved BMWs, owned a 325i, so I watched with anticipation when they released the new BMW Z4. The car is totally impractical, overpriced, but when my local dealer offered me a killer lease, $500/loaded SDrive35 and BMW finance also kicked in a rebate, I said,"You only live once." and drove off in my first convertible. The car is stunning, a true beauty in the Deep Sea Blue Metallic and Ivory White Nappa Leather, just like in the ads. I get looks and compliments constantly and I have only seen a red SD30 once on the road in the months I've owned it. In this economy, the car is rare eye-catcher. Anyone with a BMW knows, driving is #1.

Handling, hardtop convertible, I have never liked the look or feel of softops! Great engine, acceleration, all the fun BMW stuff. The car is a piece of art, both in appearance and driving prowess. The hardtop lowers and closes quietly and quickly, I do it at lights all the time. A tiger on wheels!

Storage area in center with small cupholders a real downside. Fit and finish looks nice, but some rattling from instrument cluster at high speeds. I only have 3,000 miles on the car, but I wish the doors would lock auto at higher speeds, comfort package should be standard. OVERPRICED at 61k!