Used 2009 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Great Roadster
By Open air

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive30i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this Z4 for two months and love every minute I have owned it. I had 2006 z4, the 2009 is a much nicer car,looks, ride, comfort handling it is awesome. Build quality is excellent. It is one of the sexiest roadsters ever built, I had a car collector friend of mine tell me that nothing large colection of exotics looks any better the new Z4. I chose white with black leather. 23 mpg city and 31 mpg on road trips. The most fun car I have owned including two porsche's.

Favorite Features

looks, looks, looks. Build quality, fit and finish, power, gas milage, comfort, user friendly navigation system. Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Trunk spaced with to down, regular tires with a spare.

WOW My First BMW
By Jack Snyder

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive30i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In my younger days I owned two MGs and 2 Vettes, those cars don't hold a candle to the Z4. I have had the car a little less than a week, unfortunately I can't drive it everyday because I need my Prius to get into the HOV. The car handles superbly and is very comfortable. The 30i auto is still fast and saves some money. Amazingly the car looks as good with the top up as with it down. Upgraded stereo, it rocks. I have all of the packages except the convenience package, car brought from another dealer and did not have the package. I guess BMW has really improved the iDrive, it is fun to use coupled with voice commands, it will only take a couple of years to learn how to operate.

Favorite Features

Folding mirrors, auto sensing wipers, stereo, ipod adapter, uploading CDs to hardrive, incredible look inside and out, top up or down, Kansas Leather, hardtop convertible, OK everything about the car.

Suggested Improvements

The convenience package should be part of the Premium Package. Don't really need 6 CD changer with Premium Stereo package if you have Nav package. Clip on front license plate for Virginia, hate the idea of drilling holes in the front bumper!!!

Simply Amazing
By Chris

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first roadster and I will say it exceeded my every expectation. Fast, great handling, and so on. People keep trying to compare this car to the Boxter, but BMW didn't try to compete with that car. The Z4 is an everyday car that also transforms to a sports convertible, they clearly went after the SLK. This car gets looks wherever it goes and you will feel like a rock star sporting this thing. Also, all the the safety features on this car will help keep you out of trouble, I should know it has already saved me.

Favorite Features

Wicked fast. This car will pulls at any speed and any rev level. Even over 100mph you can feel the car just wants to keep going. Truly impressive.

Suggested Improvements

Being a first gen car (yes completely a different car from prev z4) there are a few quirks with the top. I have only experienced it twice, but the top using the comfort access feature can be fickle.

Superb automobile
By Dan Rodda

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Only owned this car two days . I am blown away with it already. Had 06 Z4 thought I would never get rid of it. May not be the ultimate sports car but it is exactly what I want. Have had the supercharged hot rods already. This car is fast , classy, and quality built. The nappa white interior is awesome. Top impresses even my Mercedes buds! This is the first car I have owned in my 39 years of marriage my wife likes. What can I say?

Favorite Features

Power, looks, feel of the car in turns, and envious looks. I feel as if I am part of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Should have gone with upgrade sound system. Shifter hard to get used to so far.

The best I ever had
By cameron

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is unbelievable - it is a man's or woman's forbidden pleasure. It really looks very unique with its fine lines and very responsive handling and power. I just got it yesterday and already know that I will treasure it for as long as god will allow me to.

Favorite Features

speed and handling, responsive steering, great looks

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space and pricing, but you get a hell of a car for the money.