2009 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Dream, or Nightmare?
By Meffy on 07/06/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After my 08 Z4 was totaled by a teenager, I made the mistake of driving this car. This engine paired with the 7 speed transmission is the best drive-train I've ever driven, and that includes owning a Vette, Boxster, Jag XK, and my 08. My research showed an all-too-common complaint with the fuel pump failure and oil overheating. Knowing this, I still bought this car. I may regret it someday but unlike most modern muscle, this car gives you mega-power below 2K revs and keeps it through 5K with little or no turbo lag. Compare with the M3 which gives you almost nothing until you hit 4500 revs. The M3 may be the better track car, but I drive on the street. Nothing else can match this Z for daily use.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Eye Catcher Plus!
By Criticfilm on 11/30/09 07:54 AM (PST)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Always wanted a convertible, never enjoyed softtops. Always loved BMWs, owned a 325i, so I watched with anticipation when they released the new BMW Z4. The car is totally impractical, overpriced, but when my local dealer offered me a killer lease, $500/loaded SDrive35 and BMW finance also kicked in a rebate, I said,"You only live once." and drove off in my first convertible. The car is stunning, a true beauty in the Deep Sea Blue Metallic and Ivory White Nappa Leather, just like in the ads. I get looks and compliments constantly and I have only seen a red SD30 once on the road in the months I've owned it. In this economy, the car is rare eye-catcher. Anyone with a BMW knows, driving is #1.

Best car yet
By Kevin on 11/26/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about two weeks and it has been a blast to drive around town. The power is endless, but it has a refined quality to it. The sound of the turbos when I drop the hammer is music to my ears. The car sits very low on the road with the sports package, but with the 19in wheels it feels like it's planted to the asphalt.

Simply Amazing
By Chris on 08/17/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first roadster and I will say it exceeded my every expectation. Fast, great handling, and so on. People keep trying to compare this car to the Boxter, but BMW didn't try to compete with that car. The Z4 is an everyday car that also transforms to a sports convertible, they clearly went after the SLK. This car gets looks wherever it goes and you will feel like a rock star sporting this thing. Also, all the the safety features on this car will help keep you out of trouble, I should know it has already saved me.

Superb automobile
By Dan Rodda on 07/25/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Only owned this car two days . I am blown away with it already. Had 06 Z4 thought I would never get rid of it. May not be the ultimate sports car but it is exactly what I want. Have had the supercharged hot rods already. This car is fast , classy, and quality built. The nappa white interior is awesome. Top impresses even my Mercedes buds! This is the first car I have owned in my 39 years of marriage my wife likes. What can I say?

The best I ever had
By cameron on 07/24/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is unbelievable - it is a man's or woman's forbidden pleasure. It really looks very unique with its fine lines and very responsive handling and power. I just got it yesterday and already know that I will treasure it for as long as god will allow me to.

Great so far
By tjh0904 on 06/29/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got the car so it is tough to tell on reliability and long term build quality. However this is my 2nd BMW Convertible and the first was great. Car is smooth, quick and fun. It is more a cruiser than a sports car, but plenty quick and smooth.

Awesome
By abec16 on 05/08/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW Z4 Convertible sDrive35i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 08 Z4 for this new 2009 Z4. Left the dealership with my wife turned directly onto the interstate for our first ride. We looked at each other and said and said awesome. There are no comparisons to the ride of this vehicle, smooth and in control, you want to take this on a long trip. Vehicle equipped with the double clutch 7 speed transmission, you can't feel it change gears. Got the Ivory White interior, a great upgrade well worth the price. Had looked at the 650c and almost purchased one because of the ride of the old Z4 glad I waited, this new Z4 is a blast. For us older guys this car is easier to get in and out. The 300hp is going to be fun. I think we will like this for years.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 BMW Z4 Convertible in VA is:

$125 per month*