Used 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW Z4 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

THE Coupe
By red4zone

2008 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's actually my first time writing a review on a car, I was looking for a sport cart 8 months ago. My first choice was a Porscha Cayman S with a manual transmission. I am not going to bring back the whole Porscha vs BM discussion but let's say you will have to try the car to know what you really want. I did love the Porscha but couldnt resist to test the Z4. My only concerns about the Z4 was the look and I really didnt like it in the beginning cause all I could find here in Canada was SoftTop Z4. The driving experience of the Z4 3.0Si was magic yes I said it MAGIC. You do feel like you're driving a beast, nervous and everytime you step on the pedal you get the "push" of adrenaline...

As I said my favorite features in this car is the driving experience, I finally bought the Z4 3.0si Coupe with the Sport package. To be honnest, I never really pressed on that button since I got enough sport feeling just by driving it. One of my favorite features is the wheel response. When you turn, YOU turn and control it is.

My only concern about this car and I believe they mostly changed few things in the newer model was the cup holder. Funny enough of everything in this car that pissed me off is the quality of those. They really break easily and feel/like cheap. Samething of DVD box, kind of useless since we wont change the disc. They could of hide it somewhere else and juste make more space. Another improvement, my HID Lights, doesnt fit with the fog light. It's funny to have the bright WHITEpurplish HID light and when you open your fog yellowish light...no fit.

Perfect after changing tires
By David Kirby

2008 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

WOW! I replaced the Bridgestons RF (run flat) tires, with Michelin Pilot Sport ASXL. The ride with the sports suspension, improved significantly, and eliminated the jolting, without compromising the handling. As a bonus, it may enable me to use the car year around in Upstate NY, without having to invest in snow tires, and if I can get even close to the projected 40K miles tread life, I will be even happier.

Engine and brakes.

Give the customer the option of selecting an all season, non RF tire, which will be less expensive to replace, will ride, better, last longer, and my negate the need for snow tires in the cold climates.

Fun car
By fun car

2008 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The standard suspension may be the better choice for most people. I have only 300 miles on the manual transmission coupe, and really enjoy it, but I will install all season ties when I have to replace the OE tires. This may soften the ride and extend the time you can drive the car in the Northeast before installing snow tries.

smooth

Too early to tell.

Donkey Cart
By Wader

2008 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the coupe off the showroom floor with the sports suspension package. The roads in Northern Illinois are not the best so my wife refers to the Z4 as "the donkey cart". Regardless it is a blast to drive and I get many compliments on its appearance. The dealer experience has been outstanding.

Handling is fantastic and the short braking distance is amazing.

The only issue I have is the low height of the armrest but I solved that issue with an after market add on.