Used 2008 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

My 2008 Z4 convertible
By april2159

2008 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very dependable. Lots of cool features. Comfortable and very easy to drive. Fast when need be. Hugs the road.

The fact that it is a convertible! The color is elegant. The style is beautiful. Awesome sound system. SOS button. Low to the ground for great traction.

Radio should be set up for satellite services. Meaning, standard. Not extra.

Fun Fun Fun
By Robert

2008 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is nothing but fun to drive, the steering is a little startling on grooved or rough pavement, Sports Package). Takes off in any gear even on the interstate. MPG is amazing for a performance car of this caliber. If you can afford one, go and buy one. Best to get a CPO as opposed to buying a new one, save some serious cash. Mine had only 19K on it. Make sure you get the SI model as opposed to the i the difference in horsepower is worth it. Watch out for cement bumpers, get too close and you will mess up that one piece front bumper. Also watch out for pot holes, not much clearance on the underside.

Styling, not too many on the road. serious handling and performance. Heated seats. Xexon lights. MPG is great. Smooth short shifts.The handling is nothing short of unbelievable, like the tires are glued to the pavement. For a sports cat trunk is good size. Power top is great!.

Run flat tires are very expensive and hard to get, 400 bucks a pop. Other than that this car is a winner, had vettes, camaros, TR6, can not beat this cars wow factor and the smile it outs on your face every time you drive it.

Certified Fun
By CertifiedFun

2008 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been waiting patiently for the opportunity to own a Z4 and the day finally came. I purchased a CPO car so that I would have warranty coverage just in case. I couldn't have gotten a better deal or a better car. The performance is top notch. I smile every time I get in or out. I got the Steptronic manual with the Sport package and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I love the power top and heated seats. This thing is the most fun you can have for 31K.

Sport mode, paddle shifters, stock radio, power/heated seats, power top, free maintenance and extended warranty, body lines, the looks I get in traffic in my commuter car versus all the others, don't see too many around, the sound it makes at above 5000rpm.

No leather as a standard feature, no cruise control system light, no center arm rest, exhaust tips.

I love it sooooo much
By LOVE my new toy!

2008 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a mother of four kids whose oldest one just got her license - so we are a three car family. But who needs three big cars? Not us! I work full time and drive frequently for work - and this car brings a thrill to even the most mundane errand. I finally got a toy for myself, and I have no regrets whatsoever. The mileage is good and it is incredibly fun to drive - I am the envy of all my friends. I think it is a BEAUTIFUL SEXY car and I will be in tears when the lease is up. Might just have to get another one!

Its looks - I smile whenever I walk out to the parking lot. The automatic top, the heated seats, and the convenient iPod jack. The trunk also fits more than you think!

Radio could be louder, also cup holders (yes, I know - this ain't no minivan!) position drinks right in front of heat/air vents. But I love its design so much that I hesitate to mess with anything.

Own one and you'll understand!
By Marcos

2008 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Z4, I have always had Porsches, my last one was a Cayman S. Let me tell you about my Z4 in a nut shell... it's impressive design and agility gave me what I needed to get off my Cayman and look into my "now present and future" BMW relationship. The car handles like its on rails, it brakes like no other car I've driven before and to top it all on wet surfaces you can not even tell that you are driving in the rain, it just feels like a 997 Turbo handling in a smaller car. I will definitely get another BMW after my lease is up on this baby. I will recommend to anyone that is looking for performance, safety and value at the same time. A real head-turner! Enjoy it

Love the navigation system, very easy to use, voice activation is magnificent. Stereo second to none.

NONE. Great job BMW!