Used 2008 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW Z4

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

THE Coupe
By red4zone

2008 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's actually my first time writing a review on a car, I was looking for a sport cart 8 months ago. My first choice was a Porscha Cayman S with a manual transmission. I am not going to bring back the whole Porscha vs BM discussion but let's say you will have to try the car to know what you really want. I did love the Porscha but couldnt resist to test the Z4. My only concerns about the Z4 was the look and I really didnt like it in the beginning cause all I could find here in Canada was SoftTop Z4. The driving experience of the Z4 3.0Si was magic yes I said it MAGIC. You do feel like you're driving a beast, nervous and everytime you step on the pedal you get the "push" of adrenaline...

Favorite Features

As I said my favorite features in this car is the driving experience, I finally bought the Z4 3.0si Coupe with the Sport package. To be honnest, I never really pressed on that button since I got enough sport feeling just by driving it. One of my favorite features is the wheel response. When you turn, YOU turn and control it is.

Suggested Improvements

My only concern about this car and I believe they mostly changed few things in the newer model was the cup holder. Funny enough of everything in this car that pissed me off is the quality of those. They really break easily and feel/like cheap. Samething of DVD box, kind of useless since we wont change the disc. They could of hide it somewhere else and juste make more space. Another improvement, my HID Lights, doesnt fit with the fog light. It's funny to have the bright WHITEpurplish HID light and when you open your fog yellowish light...no fit.

My 2008 Z4 convertible
By april2159

2008 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very dependable. Lots of cool features. Comfortable and very easy to drive. Fast when need be. Hugs the road.

Favorite Features

The fact that it is a convertible! The color is elegant. The style is beautiful. Awesome sound system. SOS button. Low to the ground for great traction.

Suggested Improvements

Radio should be set up for satellite services. Meaning, standard. Not extra.

Fun Fun Fun
By Robert

2008 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is nothing but fun to drive, the steering is a little startling on grooved or rough pavement, Sports Package). Takes off in any gear even on the interstate. MPG is amazing for a performance car of this caliber. If you can afford one, go and buy one. Best to get a CPO as opposed to buying a new one, save some serious cash. Mine had only 19K on it. Make sure you get the SI model as opposed to the i the difference in horsepower is worth it. Watch out for cement bumpers, get too close and you will mess up that one piece front bumper. Also watch out for pot holes, not much clearance on the underside.

Favorite Features

Styling, not too many on the road. serious handling and performance. Heated seats. Xexon lights. MPG is great. Smooth short shifts.The handling is nothing short of unbelievable, like the tires are glued to the pavement. For a sports cat trunk is good size. Power top is great!.

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tires are very expensive and hard to get, 400 bucks a pop. Other than that this car is a winner, had vettes, camaros, TR6, can not beat this cars wow factor and the smile it outs on your face every time you drive it.

Certified Fun
By CertifiedFun

2008 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been waiting patiently for the opportunity to own a Z4 and the day finally came. I purchased a CPO car so that I would have warranty coverage just in case. I couldn't have gotten a better deal or a better car. The performance is top notch. I smile every time I get in or out. I got the Steptronic manual with the Sport package and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I love the power top and heated seats. This thing is the most fun you can have for 31K.

Favorite Features

Sport mode, paddle shifters, stock radio, power/heated seats, power top, free maintenance and extended warranty, body lines, the looks I get in traffic in my commuter car versus all the others, don't see too many around, the sound it makes at above 5000rpm.

Suggested Improvements

No leather as a standard feature, no cruise control system light, no center arm rest, exhaust tips.

Perfect after changing tires
By David Kirby

2008 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

WOW! I replaced the Bridgestons RF (run flat) tires, with Michelin Pilot Sport ASXL. The ride with the sports suspension, improved significantly, and eliminated the jolting, without compromising the handling. As a bonus, it may enable me to use the car year around in Upstate NY, without having to invest in snow tires, and if I can get even close to the projected 40K miles tread life, I will be even happier.

Favorite Features

Engine and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Give the customer the option of selecting an all season, non RF tire, which will be less expensive to replace, will ride, better, last longer, and my negate the need for snow tires in the cold climates.