2007 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: What I expected

2007 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

3.0i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

What I expected
By Retired & loving it on

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a retirement present present to myself (curiously, I see a lot of guys (mostly) my age driving these cars!). I have thoroughly enjoyed driving for short hops. I have taken 3 trips of 500 miles and this is not the car for it. The RFTs amplify the bumps on bad roads, and we all know what I-95 can be like. Other than that, it is so much fun to drive and cornering is a terrific experience. I have the 6-speed manual and wouldn't consider the automatic - that would just be wrong in a sports car.

Auto top, especially being able to lower it with the key fob - what a hit that has been at the senior center!

Seat memory buttons are hard to find in the dark. The trunk release on the key fob needs to be more sensitive. Sometimes, when I raise the windows go after raising the top, they automatically go back down. I have had to lower and re-raise the top to get them to stay up.