Used 2007 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Design getting better with age
By rdavidz

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the Z4 came out to replace the Z3, I thought they ruined the idea. It's a much different car and when you drive it, you can forget about the Z3. The lines on the car all seem to fit and have purpose, even though I'm not a fan of the Bangle designs. I bought the Z4 3.0si convertible which is a fast car and looks unbelievable with the sport package and 18" wheels. The sport package completely changes the look and driving of the car, it's a must. It's fast enough even with the auto trans which has the paddle shifters. The extended leather and premium M seats are a must too. All the options raise the price, but if you're seriously considering this car, cost is not a concern.

Favorite Features

Just about everything on the car really. The lines of the design are great. People stare at the car as if it cost twice what it did. Out performs 95% of the cars you'll pass. Interior makes the most out of the space the car has, quiet even at 75 with the top down. The Sport package is a must!

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the electric steering, it feels on/off, either too much or no boost. The Z4 M is much more natural feeling. I know the cup holders are an afterthought and they're useless. The silver plastic on the steering wheel is completely out of place on this car, use aluminum or other.

Instant, incredible fun
By Fred

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing like completely changing a day as to hop into the Z and spring off into the night. Incredible driving experience and am lucky to have many windy roads to enjoy. Fun, fun, fun!

Favorite Features

Handling, electronic controls, automatic soft top. Amazing coolness.

Suggested Improvements

None

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 6 spd manual
By Dee

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z4 for pleasure driving only (sunshine time). This was to replace my previous convertible of 5 years that I sold last year. After test driving numerous cars, once I sat in the Z4 I knew this was one for me. It amazes me every time I take it out for a drive! Usually there is a limit that a car can handle in driving performance but I still can't find it with this Z4. It's like "I can take that, I dare you to go farther!" Needless to say, this is a car that can get you in trouble. BMW really knows how to design and build an exceptional convertible. They have mastered what it takes to create an unparalleled driving experience. I am impressed.

Favorite Features

Euphoric! Exterior/interior design; Bluetooth; size (good for small people); performance; braking, acceleration and handling; safety; runflat tires, rollover protection, airbags, 4*/5* BMW assist; premium stereo; extended leather, maintenance program, automatic top, heated and memory seats, fast. ;)

Suggested Improvements

Channel adjustment on the same side of the steering wheel as the volume adjustment for the stereo (left) leaving right hand open for stick shift. Change/upgrade cup holders, vanity mirrors, a little more storage if possible, automatic peddle adjustment for ultimate seating customization.

Want to have fun? Drive this!
By Joe

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased mine certified used with 11000 miles on it. Very fun to drive! Looks fast, is fast. I rarely used to put the windows down in my old cars, but with this car I put the windows and top down every chance I get! I get many compliments on it--it is simply a sharp looking car and turns plenty of heads. I love how Z4s are not as widely popular as, say, a 3-series and that was a big reason why I purchased mine. If you're looking to buy, seriously consider the metallic silver color with premium package. With the sharp angles of the body styling, silver looks beautiful!

Favorite Features

Great sound system, high mileage (25 in city!), low and smooth engine tone, smooth shifting, consistent acceleration from 0-90mph, responsive handling, killer body styling, and it is fun to drive!!

Suggested Improvements

Low-end power increase, make the electronic steering less sensitive (very noticeable at low speeds), blind spots, object alert (long and low front end--can hit curbs easily if you're not used to it), cup holders stink, little storage space.

Beware of Z4 deficiencies!
By Not Happy

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review focuses more on the bad... fragile paint (scratches too easily), mostly plastic (can't wax out those scratches), annoying beeper (won't shut up for 1 minute, no chimes!), seat belt can't be adjusted (irritates neck), runflat tires sensitive (added air twice in 4 months), 6 speed manual doesn't shift smoothly, doesn't hold value (depreciated $13K < 4 months, so I'm stuck!), steering keeps driver way too active, ride quality on rough roads is unacceptable (feel every imperfection!), noisy with roof up, rattles. BMW engineers have ruined this car! Our 2003 Z4 was superior! Yep, I have high standards, especially when I pay $47K+ for a new BMW!

Favorite Features

Brake hold, speed sensitive volume control.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all the things mentioned in my review.