2007 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Awesome
By Peter on 11/07/07 15:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was initially hesitant about buying a roadster, but after owning this for two months I wished I had purchase this sooner. Make sure you get the stick shift because that's half the fun. Also get the sports pkg with the sports mode and upgraded wheels. The sports mode provides livelier accel and steering. When driving the Z, the car is truly one with the driver (me).

2007 BMW Z4
By JerefromYorbaLinda on 09/09/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a little excitement in my life and this car really does the trick. It's so much fun to drive, I hate to get out of it. I leased the 3.0 convertible w/automatic trans and premium pkg. Punch this baby and you're on a roll. This car turns heads everywhere I go. It looks fast, it is fast, and it sticks to the road like glue.

3rd BMW Z car
By BHT on 09/02/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Started with a 2.3 Z3, moved to 3.0 Z3 and now 3.0si Z4. This is the best one so far. Took me a few years to warm to the styling but now suddenly it clicked. The chassis is exceptionally stiff - as stiff as the Z3 coupe was. Makes a huge difference. The car feels of one piece and there are no rattles or creaks. Huge storage space in the trunk (for a 2 seater), excellent gas mileage, very powerful engine. A pleasure to drive.

Not a Suitable 5-series Replacement
By Robin on 08/26/07 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A good 2nd car for fun in the sun, with great looks and handling, but not a suitable replacement for my 2000 540i. The wind noise on the highway and comfort on bumpy roads is not very good, so consider this for daily travel. More of a weekend "lets have fun" car. Personally I think our 2003 Z4's 5-speed shifted smoother and quicker and its ride was not so harsh (as I recall), so I'm a bit disappointed by this 2007 Z4. The 6-speed shifting bothers me the most, since I do a lot of it! (Oh well.)

Great 2nd Car
By DaveinCT on 07/07/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car does what you'd expect... great acceleration, exhaust note, handling. When driven with the top up on those not-so-perfect days, there are a few rattles in the roof/seats. It's not as fast as a Vette off the line, but the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the THX stereo sounds awesome, and the nimble handling make it all worth while in the end. However, if you plan to do most of your driving with the top up or in the winter months don't bother!

Pure sports car
By Loren on 06/14/07 04:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si to use as a daily driver, as my wife drives our 2006 Land Cruiser. It did not take long to realize that this car is for weekends only! It is cramped and the ride over older roads will knock fillings out of your mouth! That said, it is a great sports car. The handling, transmission, and power are great. It is an absolutlely fun car in the cool of the morning or for a romantic drive in the evening, but it is not intended to replace a sedan. I am taking the penalty to get the 2008 535i!

Fun Car Obession to Drive
By Z4 in Florida on 02/17/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive. Get heated seats no matter where you live. Great feeling when top is down. Get the M seats. The Nav is great today ties in to radio and phone and great maps. Double click remote and you can put top down before entering car. Get the prem package and sport package. Get Xenon lights and hard top prep. Sport button is awesome great driving stability control sytem. Entended leather is awsome. Wanted automatic transmission thus the 3.0si. 265 HP plenty but if you just want manual and 355 HP go for M. It's a fun fun fun car. 0 to 60 in 6 secs. Fast rides great feels great. Heads turn when they see.

Worth looking into
By DagaLasVegas on 01/13/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a definite good buy. I have leased this 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i and so far I have been satisfied. The overall perfomance is great but one thing I would rather have is front wheel drive instead of rear because it affects driving in rain. Since I live in Las Vegas the rain is not an often issue, but when it actually rains I have to watch out and drive carefully on turns. Gas mileage is rather typical for 3.0. Interior design is not what I have expected and this is my biggest disappointment. It really looks cheap maybe because I am used to Audi's unusual design but still this is not so good for a BMW.

07 BMW Z4 si
By Jennifer on 01/13/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I don't know if there is another car as fun to drive as this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.