Used 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

What a car!
By DOUG

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Z4 coupe 15 months and have 17,700 miles on it. First car I have "loved"! I'm 65 and behind the wheel, I feel like 25. I have driven just about all sport cars, but none have turned me on, like my coupe. I drove a Porsche on a race track once, but this coupe will beat that Porsche on any curve anytime. And I might add, for half the price. The Z4 coupe is and will be the only car for me. When I'm too old to drive, I'll sit in my rocker, rock the day away, while looking at my Z.

Favorite Features

1. The look of the car. 2. The feel of the car. 3. The way the car responds to me.

Suggested Improvements

Just a little more room inside and move the cup holders to the center. Also a big blind spot in the back. A larger window in back would take care of this.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si
By Jay

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, I compared this vehicle head-to- head with Porsche Boxter & new Audi TT. The classic design along with BMW safety and technology won me over hands down.

Favorite Features

Besides the styling, simple to use hands-free Bluetooth, awesome leather, acceleration that pulls effortlessly, I feel very safe.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that the SOS and BMW assist buttons (which are covered by a clear plastic door) were not in the way of my elbow as I place it on the center arm rest.

Fantastic car
By ash

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best vehicle I've ever driven. Simply a blast to drive, even with the ESP on. You'd be hard pressed to find a car that handles better. It inspires confidence going into every corner, and with skin off your face brakes and an unbelievably seamless ESP, even when the most OMG situations come up, you have the brakes and the control to avoid idiot drivers. The suspension is a little bit on the egg-beater side, but it's well within the range of comfortable, without sacrificing real performance. Basically, this car does everything you tell it to, making everything feel really easy.

Favorite Features

Actually getting over 20 MPG, real sports car handling, huge trunk (I take it to the supermarket), people staring, perfect shifter, feather clutch, sweet exhaust not, killer sound system, flat torque from 2000-6600 rpm

Suggested Improvements

Antenna sticks out of the car like it's a Toyota. 3/4 visibility stinks. Doesn't have a limited slip differential.

A True Sports Car
By Sassy

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car. Bought it w/sport & premium package - no nav. I feel like I am driving a rocketship stereo with its the THX sound and direct aux for my listening to my iPod. It still has a few minor quirks (like remote door locks - sometimes the passenger side won't unlock w/the remote and have to unlock from the center button), which a car this price should not have. This is the first BMW I have purchased and now understand the obsession. There is no better feeling than putting it into "SD" (automatic trans) and seeing all the other cars left in the dust :)

Favorite Features

THX stereo is out of control and Sport Drive rocks. Heated seats are great b/c they warm up the car and you don't need to put on the master heat (in Cali anyway). Looks - the the coupe shows off the lines, this is the true shape the Z4 (plus the hatch fits a way more than expected).

Suggested Improvements

Quality Control & Service!!! I'd rather a focus on the qulaity off the line to prevent having to spend time, energy (and cost of gas) driving back and forth to the sub-competent service - at that point, service doesn't feel free. Also, nav option w/ traffic would be nice (and worth the price)

What A Ride!!!
By Mr. Incredible

2007 BMW Z4 Hatchback 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the worst thing you can say is that the cupholders need to be redesigned, you're on to something. This car is a head-turning, sleek machine with incredible control and power. Great fun to drive.

Favorite Features

All of it.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders. Entrance and exit from vehicle not for the elderly.