Used 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Most enjoyable car I've owned
By aquila163

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I got my 07 Z4 Si on a 2 year lease. After 18 months I had a lot of miles left because I also owned my last Corvette and can only drive so much. My wife and I took a 2100 mile road trip to Disney World to use up some miles. When we got back, I sold the Vette and bought this car off lease. I now have just over 4 years in the car and now that the original warranty has expired I have made an extensive search for a replacement. I CAN'T find anything I like better so I'm keeping it. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway and the sports car ride is tight but never abusive. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a genuine sports car.

Favorite Features

Exceptional handling, Braking that surprises people behind me, Very good fuel economy, Better than expected ride for this type of car.

Suggested Improvements

I don't mind paying extra for dealer installed options like 6 disc CD and sirius but they should not cost $950 each when much cheaper cars include them free

Design getting better with age
By rdavidz

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the Z4 came out to replace the Z3, I thought they ruined the idea. It's a much different car and when you drive it, you can forget about the Z3. The lines on the car all seem to fit and have purpose, even though I'm not a fan of the Bangle designs. I bought the Z4 3.0si convertible which is a fast car and looks unbelievable with the sport package and 18" wheels. The sport package completely changes the look and driving of the car, it's a must. It's fast enough even with the auto trans which has the paddle shifters. The extended leather and premium M seats are a must too. All the options raise the price, but if you're seriously considering this car, cost is not a concern.

Favorite Features

Just about everything on the car really. The lines of the design are great. People stare at the car as if it cost twice what it did. Out performs 95% of the cars you'll pass. Interior makes the most out of the space the car has, quiet even at 75 with the top down. The Sport package is a must!

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the electric steering, it feels on/off, either too much or no boost. The Z4 M is much more natural feeling. I know the cup holders are an afterthought and they're useless. The silver plastic on the steering wheel is completely out of place on this car, use aluminum or other.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 6 spd manual
By Dee

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z4 for pleasure driving only (sunshine time). This was to replace my previous convertible of 5 years that I sold last year. After test driving numerous cars, once I sat in the Z4 I knew this was one for me. It amazes me every time I take it out for a drive! Usually there is a limit that a car can handle in driving performance but I still can't find it with this Z4. It's like "I can take that, I dare you to go farther!" Needless to say, this is a car that can get you in trouble. BMW really knows how to design and build an exceptional convertible. They have mastered what it takes to create an unparalleled driving experience. I am impressed.

Favorite Features

Euphoric! Exterior/interior design; Bluetooth; size (good for small people); performance; braking, acceleration and handling; safety; runflat tires, rollover protection, airbags, 4*/5* BMW assist; premium stereo; extended leather, maintenance program, automatic top, heated and memory seats, fast. ;)

Suggested Improvements

Channel adjustment on the same side of the steering wheel as the volume adjustment for the stereo (left) leaving right hand open for stick shift. Change/upgrade cup holders, vanity mirrors, a little more storage if possible, automatic peddle adjustment for ultimate seating customization.

Beware of Z4 deficiencies!
By Not Happy

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review focuses more on the bad... fragile paint (scratches too easily), mostly plastic (can't wax out those scratches), annoying beeper (won't shut up for 1 minute, no chimes!), seat belt can't be adjusted (irritates neck), runflat tires sensitive (added air twice in 4 months), 6 speed manual doesn't shift smoothly, doesn't hold value (depreciated $13K < 4 months, so I'm stuck!), steering keeps driver way too active, ride quality on rough roads is unacceptable (feel every imperfection!), noisy with roof up, rattles. BMW engineers have ruined this car! Our 2003 Z4 was superior! Yep, I have high standards, especially when I pay $47K+ for a new BMW!

Favorite Features

Brake hold, speed sensitive volume control.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all the things mentioned in my review.

Awesome
By Peter

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was initially hesitant about buying a roadster, but after owning this for two months I wished I had purchase this sooner. Make sure you get the stick shift because that's half the fun. Also get the sports pkg with the sports mode and upgraded wheels. The sports mode provides livelier accel and steering. When driving the Z, the car is truly one with the driver (me).

Favorite Features

THX certiifed stereo, sports package wheels (very cool), power roof, iPod adapter thru the steering wheel (option well worth the cost), good-size trunk, stick shift.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, more storage space in the cabin, and longer range for the remote.