2007 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Most enjoyable car I've owned
By aquila163 on 05/01/11 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I got my 07 Z4 Si on a 2 year lease. After 18 months I had a lot of miles left because I also owned my last Corvette and can only drive so much. My wife and I took a 2100 mile road trip to Disney World to use up some miles. When we got back, I sold the Vette and bought this car off lease. I now have just over 4 years in the car and now that the original warranty has expired I have made an extensive search for a replacement. I CAN'T find anything I like better so I'm keeping it. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway and the sports car ride is tight but never abusive. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a genuine sports car.

Design getting better with age
By rdavidz on 05/24/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the Z4 came out to replace the Z3, I thought they ruined the idea. It's a much different car and when you drive it, you can forget about the Z3. The lines on the car all seem to fit and have purpose, even though I'm not a fan of the Bangle designs. I bought the Z4 3.0si convertible which is a fast car and looks unbelievable with the sport package and 18" wheels. The sport package completely changes the look and driving of the car, it's a must. It's fast enough even with the auto trans which has the paddle shifters. The extended leather and premium M seats are a must too. All the options raise the price, but if you're seriously considering this car, cost is not a concern.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 6 spd manual
By Dee on 04/21/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z4 for pleasure driving only (sunshine time). This was to replace my previous convertible of 5 years that I sold last year. After test driving numerous cars, once I sat in the Z4 I knew this was one for me. It amazes me every time I take it out for a drive! Usually there is a limit that a car can handle in driving performance but I still can't find it with this Z4. It's like "I can take that, I dare you to go farther!" Needless to say, this is a car that can get you in trouble. BMW really knows how to design and build an exceptional convertible. They have mastered what it takes to create an unparalleled driving experience. I am impressed.

Beware of Z4 deficiencies!
By Not Happy on 11/09/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review focuses more on the bad... fragile paint (scratches too easily), mostly plastic (can't wax out those scratches), annoying beeper (won't shut up for 1 minute, no chimes!), seat belt can't be adjusted (irritates neck), runflat tires sensitive (added air twice in 4 months), 6 speed manual doesn't shift smoothly, doesn't hold value (depreciated $13K < 4 months, so I'm stuck!), steering keeps driver way too active, ride quality on rough roads is unacceptable (feel every imperfection!), noisy with roof up, rattles. BMW engineers have ruined this car! Our 2003 Z4 was superior! Yep, I have high standards, especially when I pay $47K+ for a new BMW!

Awesome
By Peter on 11/07/07 15:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was initially hesitant about buying a roadster, but after owning this for two months I wished I had purchase this sooner. Make sure you get the stick shift because that's half the fun. Also get the sports pkg with the sports mode and upgraded wheels. The sports mode provides livelier accel and steering. When driving the Z, the car is truly one with the driver (me).

3rd BMW Z car
By BHT on 09/02/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Started with a 2.3 Z3, moved to 3.0 Z3 and now 3.0si Z4. This is the best one so far. Took me a few years to warm to the styling but now suddenly it clicked. The chassis is exceptionally stiff - as stiff as the Z3 coupe was. Makes a huge difference. The car feels of one piece and there are no rattles or creaks. Huge storage space in the trunk (for a 2 seater), excellent gas mileage, very powerful engine. A pleasure to drive.

Not a Suitable 5-series Replacement
By Robin on 08/26/07 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A good 2nd car for fun in the sun, with great looks and handling, but not a suitable replacement for my 2000 540i. The wind noise on the highway and comfort on bumpy roads is not very good, so consider this for daily travel. More of a weekend "lets have fun" car. Personally I think our 2003 Z4's 5-speed shifted smoother and quicker and its ride was not so harsh (as I recall), so I'm a bit disappointed by this 2007 Z4. The 6-speed shifting bothers me the most, since I do a lot of it! (Oh well.)

Great 2nd Car
By DaveinCT on 07/07/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car does what you'd expect... great acceleration, exhaust note, handling. When driven with the top up on those not-so-perfect days, there are a few rattles in the roof/seats. It's not as fast as a Vette off the line, but the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the THX stereo sounds awesome, and the nimble handling make it all worth while in the end. However, if you plan to do most of your driving with the top up or in the winter months don't bother!

Pure sports car
By Loren on 06/14/07 04:49 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si to use as a daily driver, as my wife drives our 2006 Land Cruiser. It did not take long to realize that this car is for weekends only! It is cramped and the ride over older roads will knock fillings out of your mouth! That said, it is a great sports car. The handling, transmission, and power are great. It is an absolutlely fun car in the cool of the morning or for a romantic drive in the evening, but it is not intended to replace a sedan. I am taking the penalty to get the 2008 535i!

Fun Car Obession to Drive
By Z4 in Florida on 02/17/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive. Get heated seats no matter where you live. Great feeling when top is down. Get the M seats. The Nav is great today ties in to radio and phone and great maps. Double click remote and you can put top down before entering car. Get the prem package and sport package. Get Xenon lights and hard top prep. Sport button is awesome great driving stability control sytem. Entended leather is awsome. Wanted automatic transmission thus the 3.0si. 265 HP plenty but if you just want manual and 355 HP go for M. It's a fun fun fun car. 0 to 60 in 6 secs. Fast rides great feels great. Heads turn when they see.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.